“Too Out there!!!”

Ranked #12 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Memphis
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Drinks were way too Blaaaaah. Food is mediocre at best. Although lot of seating inside, still seems hard to find a place let alone a seat with a power source. I would plan to keep driving onto a starbucks!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Favorite coffee bar in Memphis and perhaps the US. There is nothing quite like it, but it is a locals spot and there is a wide range of different types of people who visit it. Late night music and friendly staff makes it a great place to go. Not to mention anything with their 'secret sauce' is to die for. They even have a neat gift shop.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Large artsy space. Solid coffee; music with the right vibe as you would come to expect in this city which adds to the flavor.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The nasty place in Memphis do not go if you like being treated well.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I visited Otherlands while on a vacation trip to Memphis. I saw their ad in a toursit magazine I picked up in my downtown hotel. I am a fan of independent coffesshops and sought them out. I used my GPS to locate them and was very glad that I did. Yes, the place is funky, but I did not find it at all dirty. The back deck was full of mostly young people, but inside I saw a family with children and a grandmother, mother and granddaughter enjoying lunch. The coffee I had was delicious. I also ordered a ginger tea because it sounded different than any similar tea I had tried before. They were out but had enough to pour a sample taste for me that they gave to me. Both the coffee and the tea were excellent. I sat in what I would consider the mail room, but the place has multiple rooms and it seemed that every room was different. I walked through them all including the little gift shop.I really liked the coffee and the atmosphere and if I lived closer this would be a place I would visit often. I am a 56 year old professional and I felt quite at home here--