“Real coffee in a great neighborhood in general with lots of funky repurposed businesses.”

Otherlands Coffee Bar
Ranked #10 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Memphis
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Large artsy space. Solid coffee; music with the right vibe as you would come to expect in this city which adds to the flavor.

“Rude”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The nasty place in Memphis do not go if you like being treated well.

• Visited March 2012
Georgia
“Wish I lived closer”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I visited Otherlands while on a vacation trip to Memphis. I saw their ad in a toursit magazine I picked up in my downtown hotel. I am a fan of independent coffesshops and sought them out. I used my GPS to locate them and was very glad that I did. Yes, the place is funky, but I did not find it at all dirty. The back deck was full of mostly young people, but inside I saw a family with children and a grandmother, mother and granddaughter enjoying lunch. The coffee I had was delicious. I also ordered a ginger tea because it sounded different than any similar tea I had tried before. They were out but had enough to pour a sample taste for me that they gave to me. Both the coffee and the tea were excellent. I sat in what I would consider the mail room, but the place has multiple rooms and it seemed that every room was different. I walked through them all including the little gift shop.I really liked the coffee and the atmosphere and if I lived closer this would be a place I would visit often. I am a 56 year old professional and I felt quite at home here--

• Visited March 2012
Kat4drama
“dirty and weird”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I'm all for hip and eclectic. This place is just dirty,smelly, and weird. Who burns incense in a coffee shop? Really? Let the coffee do the work folks. This place works awfully hard at being different, but has no substance to back it up. I mean if you call filth substance, then they have more than their share. I won't return.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank gokatie
“I wish they would stay open later.”
Reviewed December 24, 2008

I wish they would stay open later.