“Random but awesome”

Ranked #354 of 1,447 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Random but awesome”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I almost didn't go into this place the first time I saw it. The promise of Chinese, subs, and gyros seemed like too much under one roof. Now I make a point to eat here when I'm in the neighborhood. The fried dumplings are my favorite, but the Chinese lunch combos are delicious and a lot of food for your money. Skip the spring rolls; they're not worth the space in your stomach. If you're lucky, Jerry Springer will be on for your viewing pleasure over lunch.

• Visited May 2014

“Unlikely sandwich local...”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I really do want to give Yang's four stars ... I really do but I just can't.

It is a funny combination of offerings ... The first time I went I actually laughed ... I suppose I was expecting fast food chinese food. They have all of that of course ... But every imaginable sandwich as well. I really do mean EVERY imaginable sandwich. Ok so maybe that's an exaggeration .... But only a small one.

Over the past two years I've been to Yang's on many occasions with a variety of eating companions in tow.

My fist trip into the 'dive' surroundings of Yang's took a wee bit of determination not to turn tail and run.

It does not look or feel exactly 100% clean. Upon closer inspection you see that it's not unclean .... It just doesn't feel clean.

I had read so many raving reviews about Yang's that I bit the bullet and ordered.

I'm kinda glad I did.

Despite the strange run-down decor and stained ceiling tile... Yang's won me over.

The folks at Yang's are always so nice and helpful. Food is always cooked quickly and all special requests are taken without a bat of an eyelash and carried out perfectly.

The Chinese food itself is 'ok' sometimes a little greasy ... But they give you massive amounts of food for a below fair price. In fact it's the only Chinese like food I have found even palatable in Memphis. 100 times better than Wang's and considerably cheaper!

Strangely enough it is the sandwiches that are the stand-outs here. They are pretty terrific. I have had a few but I love their Veggie sandwich.

I've never eaten inside the restaurant ... I think that the surroundings would just succeed in killing my appetite. I get my food pretend like I don't see anything and go.

There is a drive-thru ... Call your order in and pick it up.

If they would just put some effort into improving the utter shabby decay of the entire establishment I would be debating a four or five star rating ... As it is ... It's a three.

Don't go here looking for High quality ingredients ... It's not really that kinda place.

If you're craving a sandwich of any kind or wanting to kill a Chinese food craving with only a few bucks to spend... This is the place for you!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great "Take Out or Lunch" Food for a Great Price”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

These folks are super nice. They have excellent Chinese food and their Philly is pretty good too. They make everything fresh. I'm OCD so I will say I wish the place was cleaner, but I think you get more then your money worth here. Portions (Chinese) are huge. Everything I've had tasted great and consistent every time. Kudos!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank preston b
Memphis, Tennessee
“One of Memphis' best kept secrets. Great...”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

One of Memphis' best kept secrets. Great Chinese food at great prices. We live close by, and we order to go quite often. They have great sandwiches and wings too. I highly recommend Yang's.

Been to Yang's Deli? Share your experiences!