“A little gem.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of soul fish cafe

soul fish cafe
Ranked #49 of 1,429 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Braintree, United Kingdom
“A little gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was told that this was a great restaurant, so we thought we'd give it a try. We weren't disappointed, the food ( I had catfish, my wife had chicken salad) was well cooked and the service of a high standard, our waitress was extremly helpful when it came to what size of plate I should go for.

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our best meals in Memphis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We wanted to try catfish while in Memphis. I googled "best fried catfish in Memphis". Soul Fish Cafe was one of the top picks so we decided to give it a try. From the outside it looked a little iffy but the parking lot was full which was a good sign. We were not disappointed. Everything we had was great....even tried their Caramel Pecan Pie (which was excellent). This is definitely a "to do" in Memphis.

• Visited September 2013
SF Bay Area
“Great Fish, unpretentious place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This little hole-in-the-wall cafe does a superb job of frying catfish. I had the fried catfish, which was tasty and moist. My husband had the blackened catfish, which was a little more blackened than he cared for, but that's a matter of taste. The broccoli was done very well, as was the cornbread. The only disappointment for me were the hushpuppies, which in my opinion were overcooked, too dark and dry, although the taste was good.

Visited September 2013
Florida
“Very reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very reasonable place to go if you want a fairly basic fish dinner. Their prices are ver reasonable and service is good.

Visited June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good souther food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I googled for the best restaurants in memphis and one of the top 10 results brought us to "Soul Fish Cafe". Things I tried - hushpuppies, catfish basket, shrimp basket, pickle fries and okra fries.
I didn't have any space left to try catfish poboys.
The only thing I did't like was the ambiance, I was expecting an up scale place.

• Visited September 2013