“One of our best meals in Memphis”
Review of soul fish cafe

soul fish cafe
Ranked #35 of 1,447 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our best meals in Memphis”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We wanted to try catfish while in Memphis. I googled "best fried catfish in Memphis". Soul Fish Cafe was one of the top picks so we decided to give it a try. From the outside it looked a little iffy but the parking lot was full which was a good sign. We were not disappointed. Everything we had was great....even tried their Caramel Pecan Pie (which was excellent). This is definitely a "to do" in Memphis.

• Visited September 2013

SF Bay Area
“Great Fish, unpretentious place”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This little hole-in-the-wall cafe does a superb job of frying catfish. I had the fried catfish, which was tasty and moist. My husband had the blackened catfish, which was a little more blackened than he cared for, but that's a matter of taste. The broccoli was done very well, as was the cornbread. The only disappointment for me were the hushpuppies, which in my opinion were overcooked, too dark and dry, although the taste was good.

Visited September 2013
Florida
“Very reasonable”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very reasonable place to go if you want a fairly basic fish dinner. Their prices are ver reasonable and service is good.

Visited June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good souther food!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I googled for the best restaurants in memphis and one of the top 10 results brought us to "Soul Fish Cafe". Things I tried - hushpuppies, catfish basket, shrimp basket, pickle fries and okra fries.
I didn't have any space left to try catfish poboys.
The only thing I did't like was the ambiance, I was expecting an up scale place.

• Visited September 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Can't beat the catfish!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very good!!! Not many places cook catfish to order..I mean hot, fresh and not greasy. Hush puppies are great too!
My girl and I split a large catfish basket...more than enough food. Wait even brought us an extra piece of fish...she said one of ours looked small...imagine that..how often does that happen in a restaurant? We had fresh fries, fried orka and slaw. More than filling...it was great!
This is the Cooper Young location...it's been years since I dined at the Germantown one. New location opening soon...Poplar and Colonial area..Hot fish!!

• Visited August 2013

Been to soul fish cafe? Share your experiences!