“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Review of soul fish cafe

soul fish cafe
Ranked #40 of 1,498 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Based on the recommendation of a friend, Soul Fish Cafe was visited for dinner on a Sunday evening. The atmosphere in this restaurant is casual, but nice. I ate at the bar, enjoying a dinner of blackened catfish accompanied by cucumber salad and a glass of quality zinfandel. The food and service was fine. Recommended.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went to the Soul Fish with another couple. We all had catfish; three fried, one blackened. Mine was fried and tasty but a bit mushy in the middle. In my opinion, the sides are the real stars. The greens are heavenly and the hush puppies crunchy and yummy. We ordered dessert and were wowed by the Mississippi mud cake which was a gooey brownie topped with ice cream. Oh, yeah.

We had to wait for a while, but it was a Friday in Memphis' trendy Cooper-Young neighborhood. The service was speedy and the beer was cold. With that in mind, I will definitely go back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Soul Fish twice now and we really like it. I have eaten the shrimp tacos twice; they are yummy with a kick of spice. My husband has eaten the smoked chicken and Cuban sandwich, both which were great. My mother-in-law got the shrimp basket last time and it was by far the yummiest fried shrimp we've all ever had. It was fried in the catfish batter and it was delicious. Great mix of soul food and southern favorites! Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great place to eat southern cooking. The mac and cheese looked wonderful. Had a 3 vegetable plate, Fried okra was great, as were greens and cornbread was heavenly. Nice friendly wait staff.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been here three times and all three times we have not been disappointed in the service or the food. Both have been excellent every visit. If you want to get away from downtown, give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

They have a variety of po-boy sandwiches there and this particular time we got the catfish po-boy. The fish was cooked just right and was not greasy. The Mac-n-cheese side was also very good. We had 10 people in our party and all of them had a very good dining experience. The food came out quickly and our waitress was on the ball!

The atmosphere is very casual - think diner style at the Cooper location..