“A Must for Sure!!!”

Central BBQ
Ranked #17 of 1,558 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Standing in line we met the most energetic person and I learned they had driven from Louisiana to be able to stop at Central BBQ for the grilled bologna sandwich. I had the half slab of ribs pork and I must say they were slightly dry. Tasted the pulled pork and it was really good. Wish I had ordered that. Their potato chips, slaw ( very unusual) and mac and cheese ( a bit choky but good) were excellent. Next time I am attempting to try the grilled bologna sandwich. We did not understand there are 2 outside seating areas and wish we had known to experience the day since it was so beautiful outside.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,480)

Reviewed September 10, 2017

brisket, ribs, beans, greens, fries are all very good! worth the drive into town. cashier gave us a free cookie that was really good. BBQ sauce is good. very busy lunch crowd.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

All my life I've heard about Memphis barbecue and I was ready to be wowed, that wasn't the case when I went to Central BBQ it was just okay and definitely was underwhelming but I can't say that the banana pudding was awesome!

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Memphis for a weekend get away and had heard so much about Central BBQ, wanted to make sure we ate there (we are foodies!). All I can Say is OMG how good it was! Ribs melt in your mouth and their baked beans are magnificent. For the price you were served more food than we could either eat. Great service, great food, and we will definitely eat there again when visiting Memphis.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I'm glad to tell anyone who will listen that this is my favorite barbecue joint. It has a no frills interior as any good Memphis barbecue shop should, but the pork (ribs and pulled pork) have the the best flavor in town. It's the main spot where locals eat. Not touristy at all. So for all you travel savvy tourists, find it!

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!