“Bountiful BBQ!”

Central BBQ
Ranked #17 of 1,528 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had read reviews about this place having the best BBQ in Memphis. I can't attest to that as this is the only BBQ I had in Memphis. It was great BBQ. The sandwiches come piled high with 8 oz of pulled pork smothered in sauce. The sides were varied and delicious. I had green beans and turnip greens. My wife had the home made potato chips and potato salad, We both had our slaw on the side. We also had chicken wings, which were outstanding. If you're in Memphis and want BBQ, this one is definitely worth the stop!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,267)

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The ribs both dry and wet were fall off the bone good. The Smokey flavors were infused making the ribs savory. We had a side of potato salad and greens. Both as expected, nothing too fancy. I also ordered a side of buffalo wings to go. Big wings with a touch of an underlining smokey and savory tastes.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My favorite barbecue place never disappoints! We got the slab for two, with two sides of onion rings, beans and slaw. Very reasonably priced, averaged out to about $15 each with drinks and a brownie. Best ribs in town! Perfect flavor, perfect texture, so good. We actually took home about a third of the slab, and most of the beans and slaw. 3 delicious meals for $30 can't be beat!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Central BBQ is consistently ranked "Best BBQ" in a city full of BBQ places. That says a lot. Its good, relatively cheap, and family friendly.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Had ribs and pulled pork. Both were life-changing having never had Memphis BBQ. Great beans too and sauce. Cool place to look at in a cute neighborhood.