“Went with a local to Central BBQ was pleased”
Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
Ranked #9 of 1,447 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Denver, Colorado
“Went with a local to Central BBQ was pleased”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I only gave it 4 stars because it's the first and only Memphis BBQ I sampled. I had the 1/2 slab special with side salad. Rib meat practically fell off the bone. Good spicy sauce provided. The salad was huge and I split it. The pulled pork sandwich was reported to be most excellent too. It was crowded on a Saturday night but the line went quickly and we were able to find a table.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best BBQ ever”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Well, our GPS was taking us to another BBQ place that ended up to be closed. We drove right passed Central BBQ and it looked cool. We turned around and went there. Maybe the best decision we have ever made regarding food. BBQ was amazing. We had chips with blue cheese, huge portion. Yummy. The BBQ pork sandwich was large and sauce was great. Pork was perfectly chopped and great quality The Mac and cheese was the best I have had at a BBQ place. Green beans and Sweet tea was great too. Overall fantastic BBQ place. It was packed by 12:15pm so go early if you can!

Houston, Texas
“Great Memphis BBQ”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I love this place! We met up with friends here, and since we were in Memphis, we HAD to have the ribs. We ordered the pork plate with green beans and mac and cheese and added a half slab of half wet, half dry ribs. The ribs were fall off the bone good. I was a little disappointed that I didn't order a whole rack of ribs. The green beans weren't really that memorable, but we needed the greens. The mac and cheese was nice and rich with a little special spice on top. The pork was moist and so good with some of Central BBQ's sauce on top.

Our friends also ordered some bbq nachos for the table. We loved the thick corn tortilla chip, which held up to the cheese, pork, and jalepenos! My only wish was that the cheese was a queso instead of shredded cheese. Also, our friends said that the brisket was pretty moist and still good.

Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the reviews”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is the first place we ate at in Memphis because of the reviews but it didn't live up to our expectations. We visited on a Wednesday at around 8pm and we were almost the only ones in there. The ceiling fans were overzealous which made our food cold quickly even though we moved to a less breezy table. The BBQ food wasn't as good as we had last year in Tucson and not as good as Blues City Cafe on Beale. The ribs were a bit on the chewy side and the sides were not great quality. The brisket was ok but not as melt in the mouth as I remember from It was ok for a cheap fill up but nothing like we were looking forward to. On the positive side, the service was good and friendly. They were happy to let us try a couple of samples to help us decide what to order.

• Visited October 2013
Sparks, Maryland
“Best "Q" I've had in years.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

When we traveled to Memphis with some friends for a long weekend, we had to stop at Central BBQ, and are we glad we did. Absolutely fantastic. Funky, colorful decor, great murals, large helpings and friendly staff.

We got to talking to the owner, Craig Blondis, and he was kind enough to give us great ideas for things to do and see in Memphis, and even gave us some cooking tips, and a bag of his sauces and rubs for free. My friends and I were blown away at his generosity and graciousness. It is no wonder every cab driver we talked to about restaurants, mentioned Central BBQ. When I return to Memphis, Central BBQ WILL be on of my first stops. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013