“Should have purchased twice the amount to bring home.”
Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
Ranked #9 of 1,475 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I Googled looking for a great BBQ restaurant so I could bring some back to my husband in Louisville, Ky and I found it. I bought a rib,brisket and pulled pork. I also bought 1 slice of caramel and chocolate cake. We could not be happier with our food choices. I am trying to arrange having a " Whole" caramel cake shipped. The food is excellent.

There are newer reviews for Central BBQ

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff here is very helpful. We didn't know a lot about the food, we just went on a recommendation from a friend. They were quick with recommendations for both beer and dinner. I could not have been happier with my ribs. They were absolutely killer. One of the gentleman walking around had some great tips for sauce and even brought back an entire tray full of the different varieties they offer (vinegar is best). .

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I love the atmosphere. The staff was friendly and helpful. We all had a platter ribs, pulled pork and brisket. Excellent food. I would not hesitate to return,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went looking for the best bbq and we found it. Also, you can buy stuff to go, and we took some pulled pork all the way home to Michigan (and, of course, their sauce). Sorry to say, it is now all eaten.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent 2 weeks driving through the South, and Central BBQ was the best we found. The ribs were done perfectly--fall off the bone--and any way you like it... dry, sauced, etc. The pulled pork was also quite good. The brisket was a bit too dry and tasteless. Basically, any form of pork was a sure winner. The sides were ok, but we really couldn't fit anything else in our bellies after consuming so much meat. The atmosphere is fun... a bit more "chain-like" than I expected, but if we ever pass through Memphis again, we are sure to stop at Central.

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!