“Fantastic EVERYTHING!!!!”

Central BBQ
Ranked #9 of 1,457 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Carmel, Indiana
“Fantastic EVERYTHING!!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ended our BBQ odyssey in Memphis at Central BBQ and it was unreal!!! The burnt ends were off the hook!!! Ribs, pulled pork, sauces, beans...everything and I mean, everything, was outstanding!!! We love this place and will be back!!!

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Perfect cole slaw, but the rest wasn't noteworthy”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place has perfect cole slaw. It isn't sweet at all, and compliments their mild sauce perfectly. The ribs just taste like smoke/soot until you put sauce on them. With the sauce, they're decent, but they lack moisture. The pulled pork is good with the sauce. The brisket is unremarkable. The baked beans taste like they're not fooled with and come from a can. With all of the bbq places in Memphis, I hoped the high ranking would equal amazing things, but there's much better bbq out there, and this place was $23.99 for a combo plate with ribs, so it's overpriced. It also needs a good scrubbing.

• Visited July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“My Go-To Place for 'Que”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is where I go for BBQ.....I take friends, relatives, and out-of-town business guests here. It never fails to blow them away. For those that have been to the Rendezvous, Central makes them wish they had never wasted money.

Visited July 2013
Carbondale IL
“pretty good”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our cashier was obnoxious....I tried ordering the nachos with half tortilla chips and half potato chips (because someone recommended them that way) and he was very rude telling me that the tortilla chips weren't good and to only get them with potato chips. I had the bologna sandwich and my husband had the pulled pork. He preferred my bologna over his pulled pork.

Visited July 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“A Memphis BBQ must”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The service was great. You order at the front and go find a table. There's lots of outside seating. Gotta try the nachos; delicious! The employes were all very friendly and the prices were great and very reasonable. I got some pulled chicken and brisket. The chicken was moist and really good, I just didn't enjoy the brisket, wasn't as tender as I'd prefer or an used to. Glad we ate here!

• Visited July 2013