“Some Fine Pig”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Central BBQ

Central BBQ
Ranked #9 of 1,437 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
fordtraveler56
“Some Fine Pig”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We used to live in Memphis and always have BBQ when we come back for a visit. The was our first time to Central and we were impressed with the BBQ. Would have given it 5 stars but the baked beans side was really lacking. Next time we will try their homemade potato chips. The star of the meal, the smoked pork, was fantastic. Liked their sauce too. If you are looking for fancy don't go, if you are looking for good Que head down to Central.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“Best BBQ on the planet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am a BBQ enthusiast, I own my own restaurant where smoked ribs is our specialty, I am a BBQ conissuere. That being said, this place is in a class by itself. It should get 10 stars for the ribs. The service was good, the sauce selection and flavor is perfect. You must eat here if you are in Memphis.

• Visited July 2012
Metro Manila, Philippines
“Don't miss The Pulled Pork BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I don't know if this is the best BBQ in Memphis, but given there was a line around the corner, they've got to be doing something right! And it was the best BBQ pork I've ever had! Wish I had taken some of that famous sauce of theirs home. If it's not for sale-- it should be!

Visited September 2012
“Great food, Great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Prior to my trip to Memphis, I had researched and created a short list of restaurants to try. Central BBQ was among them. In talking with the Comfort Suites clerk, he said Central BBQ was his favorite. I went with his suggestion and I was not disappointed.

It's a walk up to order type place. They will then bring your order to you. No less than three times I was asked if there was anything I needed and how my food was.

I decided to try something different and went for " pulled pork nachos". WOW, so good. Lots of pulled pork, shredded jack and cheddar cheese, with lots of jalepenos.

Put Central BBQ on your list when in Memphis.

Cordova
“better than most”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

better prices better flavor than most bbq places. i've had it catered several times. this is coming from a native memphian

Been to Central BBQ? Share your experiences!