“Best BBQ on the planet”

Central BBQ
Ranked #8 of 1,510 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am a BBQ enthusiast, I own my own restaurant where smoked ribs is our specialty, I am a BBQ conissuere. That being said, this place is in a class by itself. It should get 10 stars for the ribs. The service was good, the sauce selection and flavor is perfect. You must eat here if you are in Memphis.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,162)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I don't know if this is the best BBQ in Memphis, but given there was a line around the corner, they've got to be doing something right! And it was the best BBQ pork I've ever had! Wish I had taken some of that famous sauce of theirs home. If it's not for sale-- it should be!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Prior to my trip to Memphis, I had researched and created a short list of restaurants to try. Central BBQ was among them. In talking with the Comfort Suites clerk, he said Central BBQ was his favorite. I went with his suggestion and I was not disappointed.

It's a walk up to order type place. They will then bring your order to you. No less than three times I was asked if there was anything I needed and how my food was.

I decided to try something different and went for " pulled pork nachos". WOW, so good. Lots of pulled pork, shredded jack and cheddar cheese, with lots of jalepenos.

Put Central BBQ on your list when in Memphis.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

better prices better flavor than most bbq places. i've had it catered several times. this is coming from a native memphian

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went on a blues and barbecue trip to Memphis for four days and at barbecue at two meals a day! Central was the absolute best and we went there twice. Great ribs, delicious sauce.