“Fair pub food”

Ranked #63 of 1,678 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

The food can either be good to gosh awful. They must have an issue keeping kitchen staff. Two things are always consistent, the drinks are usually spot on and the fries are ALWAYS cold.
It’s worth the happy hour and if you live on the island, convenience is the biggest draw.

But other than happy hour, too many other places with better food to spend your money.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 18, 2019

I had the southwest egg rolls which was very good. I also had nachos which were extremely salty. I could not finish it. I would have returned it, but I ordered it to go. The staff taking our order, who also let me try their chili while I waited, was very attentive and professional. The chili was too sweet, by the way. However, my colleague had the salmon and thought it was great.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

The service and waitstaff were excellent! We arrived about 5pm, wasn’t too busy. The Happy Hour Menu only has a few choices although the hours are generous. The appetizers were very good. We had an Asian lettuce wraps and fried pickles. Very generous portions. My wife and I each had the Bacon Swiss Burger. She ordered hers medium, and I ordered mine medium rare. Hers came out juicy, mine came out like a piece of shoe leather. The waitress was very nice and offered to take it back, but it was like, if you do the meal will be over when it comes back . I choose to “tough” it out.(pun intended) I’ll go back, but next time I know to reiterate my order to the waitstaff.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Came to restaurant after 11 am college basketball game. Went in around 1:30 on a Saturday. Had choice of breakfast or lunch. Had to sit at bar to eat even though tables open. Servers very nice and attentive This restaurant overlooks the Mississippi River and view is awesome but the ambiance in the restaurant is subpar. The inside decor and energy should be so different. Food was average. Such a shame with such a view. Parking limited around site. Bathrooms average

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 7, 2019

The restaurant is in a wonderful location, outside seating a preference. Brunch is good. service is slow but want a lazy brunch this is the place. Come relax and enjoy mimosas and eggs benedict or waffles.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Tug's? Share your experiences!