1,108 results
All reviews turn down service port wine terrace bar boutique hotel paulette's restaurant four poster bed truffle complimentary glass of wine gourmet breakfast mud island view of the river mighty mississippi romantic getaway the penthouse little touches each evening small hotel
Reviewed November 15, 2018

We had made reservations months in advance and thought we'd secured a particular suite. When we arrived we had to check in and leave quickly for our first pre-wedding party. We got back late that night to discover that our room wasn't what we'd reserved - it was a smaller suite and didn't even have the king bed we'd asked for. To make things worse the shower door leaked badly, the soap holders were falling off the wall, and the bed was so close to a wall I banged my shins several times. When we contacted hotel management we were given a couple of different stories that didn't quite make sense to us. Since the hotel was fully booked we weren't offered our original room and it took a very long conversation with the manager to get a reasonable refund. On the good side the breakfasts were quite good and the staff was courteous and attentive..

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel with comfortable rooms and decent facilities in a nice area but may be too far away from the town centre for some visitors . Lily who works in the upstairs reception area was very friendly and helpful, as were all the staff, and made us feel welcome with her outgoing attitude and cheeryness .

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank AlanJ5
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

This is the best hotel in Memphis. The staff are friendly and extremely professional. (You are offered a complimentary beverage at check in!) The rooms are very nice and the location is great. You are right on the Mississippi River, but away from all of the downtown noise.

Through the years we have recommended the River Inn to our friends who travel to Memphis. All have thanked us and said it was as nice or better than they expected. It is truly a very great hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank BHale
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Excellent room fantastic food perfect location, staff very helpful catered for our every need, everywhere was clean and in perfect order, The location is ideal for all of Memphis attractions would highly recommend staying here and look forward to our return visit.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

I just can’t say enough about my last stay at the River Inn at HarborTown on Mud Island. I find myself “flashing back” to that weekend and wishing I could relive it time and again! What I thought was going to be a nice “make believe getaway” (since my boyfriend and I live and work in suburbs outside of Memphis) for my birthday turned out to be so much more! We stayed in a spacious corner suite overlooking Old Man River, the Mighty Mississippi, providing the perfect morning and evening views. We enjoyed breakfast at Paulette’s (included) and popovers with strawberry butter to our heart’s content! I was surprised by a knock on the door while we were getting ready to make birthday dinner reservations at Catherine and Mary’s to find hotel staff with champagne in hand and, “Congratulations!” repeatedly stated as I stood, confused, with our door ajar. “I’m sorry, you must have the wrong room?!” I replied to feel a touch on my elbow, my boyfriend behind me, down on his knee, asking for my hand in marriage! I turned to him in shock and excitement, accepted his proposal closing the door on hotel staff and learning they were all the way in on his planning our special day! Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, lots of thanks and laughter followed! Such wonderful service, cleanliness, just a wonderful experience every time we indulge in a stay at the River Inn. Thank you for the feeling of “being away” while experiencing the best hospitality of HOME ❤️!

Date of stay: July 2018