“perfection!”

River Inn of Harbor Town
Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at the River Inn and were blown away. We actually live in Harbor Town and have never taken advantage of this wonderful place! The hotel is nestled in the Harbor Town neighborhood that is located on Mud Island in the Mississippi River. There are several amenities right outside the hotel - a dry cleaner, small grocery store, small boutique clothing store for women and men, coffee shop, gym, manicure and pedicure boutique, and a spa! The park-like neighborhood is very safe and beautifully maintained. The hotel check-in was smooth and the room was comfortably appointed with amazing views of the river and beautiful sunsets. The rooftop Terrace at the River Inn feels like you are in Barcelona- the tapas are fantastic and the ambience is incredible. We had dinner from Paulette's and it was perfect as well. The popovers with the strawberry butter are just like you are in France! Delish! The general manager, Karl Friedrich, is world-class and one of the best I have met.
The River Inn is definitely a wonderful place to stay!

1  Thank jodi r

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We arrived at the River Inn on a fairly cold day. Initial impression of the reception area was disappointing from the reviews I had read but the female receptionist was great and gave us some great tips for visiting Gracelands and Sun Studios. We were delighted to be told we had been upgraded but disappointed when we realised the heating in the room did not work and bedside light bulb was also out. They could not get an engineer to repair the heating until next day so we changed rooms to the standard room, this room was smaller but warm and comfortable and the port and chocolates at turn down is always welcome. The waiter at breakfast the first morning seemed disinterested and did not explain the menu to us, the second morning the waiter was excellent and we realised we were entitled to other menu options. Harbour Town is a lovely area of Memphis right on the Mississippi. I would suggest that staff check each rooms facilities prior to check in to avoid wasting guests time. I would recommend this inn to others although it is a fair way from the attractions

3  Thank Cags1960
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed here before and after a conference I attended at nearby Oxford. While it was only one night on either side of the conference, the staff made me feel so welcome. From the glass of wine on arrival to the bedtime port and chocolates, the service was impeccable. Cary on the front desk could not be more helpful - from before my departure from Australia through to my return flight back home. It was good to have a choice of eating establishments - from fine dining to bar food. The neighbourhood feels warm and safe and I was comfortable walking around by myself. Most memorable was the pianist by the fireplace on my first night - what a talented woman she was. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Mississippi River and watch the cargo boats from your room as t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent 5 days at this beautiful hotel. Not far from downtown ,but we still had a rental car.It's in a quit residential area . You can walk into town or take the trolley but you still had to walk up a pretty steep bridge to do so, and after walking all day we did not want to attempt it again.Check in was I fast with a complimentary drink that was appreciated. Our room was nice a little on the small side I think they could have done away with one table to make more space. Bathroom large end clean and refreshing after being downtown. The only complaint we'll not really a complaint the bed felt small looked more like a double than a queen, maybe it just felt that way after all the BBQ.Everyone who worked at the Inn was very nice especially Patrick at breakfast! He was exceptional! That brings me to the included breakfast all I can say is fantastic! I would go there for breakfast without staying at the hotel.I didn't get the name of our room attendant but she awfully nice too.we are a couple in our late 40's and are past the partying daily stage,so this was perfect for us. If you want to be near Beale street and a lot of nightlife I would choose a hotel downtown. For us it was perfect close to everything and peaceful at night. I would stay here again and definitely recommend this hotel

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed in room 222 and very much enjoyed the special turn down service with chocolate and a glass of port! Breakfast was included with our room and the food was excellent. We enjoyed a view of the Mississippi River and spent some time walking around the area surrounding the hotel. Lovely homes and condos! We would definitely stay here again when we visit Memphis.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 222..it's across the street from the reception/restaurant area and we had a vi...
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The River Inn is a small hotel on Mud Island in Memphis, Tennessee. It was wonderful with superior service and cozy rooms. There are little reading nooks on every floor and each morning, you will find fresh coffee right outside your door. There is a delightful lobby with live piano music in the evenings by a fireplace.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

First impressions beautiful and you are not let down champagne or wine on arrival. We booked a deluxe room through booking. Com well worth it 4 poster bed and gorgeous room. Each night they do a turn down service and leave port and chocolates, what a lovely touch. Breakfast was included with our price what a breakfast continental and full included and there is a wide choice for you. Hotel is in walking distance to the trolley car ( just across the bridge) this is the river route or the main route stops here too. It only costs a $1 per adult so no need to take car. If you want to walk to Beale st from hotel it only takes about 30 mins and it's a nice walk. We would highly recommend this hotel and would come back here again. Patrick's service each morning was first class.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple