“Loved, loved, loved it!!!”

River Inn of Harbor Town
Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is rated number one in Memphis for a reason! We choose this property based on the many amazing reviews it had received. The River Inn at Harbor Town is perfect blend of full service hotel and bed and breakfast. The location is a perfect departure from the hustle of Beale Street which is a eight minute drive away at most. It is situated across the street from the Mississippi River and the sunset views of it from the hotel are fantastic. The hotel's setting within a community was a nice plus. Our room was spotless and so well appointed. We too, were greeted with champagne and as others have reported, port wine and chocolates are delivered each evening. The included breakfast was also a great option and Patrick who worked at Paulette's put the hospitality into Southern hospitality!! It was a great way to start our day. I can't imagine staying anywhere else on our next trip to Memphis. Keep up the great work!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms of the river are worth the upgrade!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JMcNellis
There are newer reviews for River Inn of Harbor Town

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had the opportunity to spend the past weekend at the Rive Inn of Harbor Town in Memphis. It was absolutely enchanting. The service was great from check in (with Katherine) to the waiters in Paulettes...(Jamie and Patrick) to our turn down service. ( don't know the names)..Great food great service wonderful rooms with comfy sheets and turn down service. I will be going back in the near future.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same type beds and bedding..Any will do you good. We got a room with a king b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lilsis007
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I LOVED this boutique hotel. Lovely Southern charm and attentive, hospitable staff. Katherine greeted us upon checkin with a glass of champagne as we listened to the tunes coming from the baby grand in the exquistily decorated lobby/sitting room. A beautifully decorated lobby with fresh roses everywhere! It was a rather magical checkin! We were surpringsly upgraded to amazing rooms and when we opened the door we were like kids in a candy store. Elegant yet comfortable rooms with amazing beds (like sleeping on a cloud), large fluffy towels, all the amenities you'd ever want, and in the evening turn down service we would receive truffles and port, which we enjoyed by our fireplace. Again, magical! Dinning @ Paulettes was amazing. Outstanding food and service. Kelly and Patrick were top notch and took care of our every whim. I LOVE this hotel and will be back. Katherine, Kelly and Patrick made a great impression with their caring customer service and the inn itself offered Southern charming elegance, which I adore. What are you waiting for? Book a room already! You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: If you want charming Southern elegance, this is it. You feel special from the moment you walk in th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2014

A very comfortable convenient hotel with friendly staff. Small and quiet with a terrific breakfast included. Just a short hop to Beale Street with all of it's culture. The staff gave us lots of great advice on things to do during our short stay in Memphis.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite which was very nice but not what we generally choose. I think they were...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Beautiful room with view of Mississipi, fluffy towels & robes, champagne on arrival, port and chocolates at bedtime - what's not to love! Plus amazing breakfast served beautifully with freshly squeezed juices, etc, etc. Only slight gripes were no tea/coffee making facilities & coffee only available in library corner in morning, not evenings, and the waiter at the Rooftop bar above our room moving furniture around for ages very late at night, till I went and complained to him that we had asked for a quiet room. He did stop as soon as I asked and didn't do it on our second night. Meal at Tug's fine but wished we had splashed out & eaten at Paulette's. Staff were always very nice and chambermaid even wrote a thank you for her tip!
Overall this was a great hotel and we would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mezza26
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I always search for boutique style hotels and this was one of my favorite places to stay. Our room had a view of the river and the sunset was spectacular. I loved the library corner outside our room. The chocolate and port were appreciated in the evening. The breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I see bad reviews and always think, "really, was it that bad?" but now I know it was that bad!
I wrote a previous review about the River Inn giving it an average rating due to the fire alarm fiasco but I am downgrading the rating to poor because they charged my credit card for my room and my friends room.

I initially reserved the two rooms with my visa but when we checked in my friend, Mrs. J, gave them her credit card and they swiped it and changed the reservation to be under her name. I gave them my American Express to pay for my room. After returning home and looking at my bank statement for my Visa and my American Express account, I realized they charged my AE for my room and my Visa for her room!!! I called and spoke with some young man at the front desk and he confirmed this was the case and told me I would need to Mrs. J and have her contact the hotel to pay for her room and then they would refund my money. I was so angry with the way the fire alarm deal was mishandled and now this, that I wish that I had said, "No, you will need to call Mrs. J and get her cc info and refund my money now". But I didn't! I just said never mind, I would have Mrs. J write me a check for her room because I was done dealing with them!!

And to beat all, this whole conversation took place with out a single apology for their mistake and for my inconvenience!! What ever happened to the "the customer is always right" mentality! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!! Poorest customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Ginger C
karlfriedrich1, General Manager at River Inn of Harbor Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

We are very sorry for the credit card confusion. We do not keep any credit cards on file after a guest has checked out, this is for security reasons. When checking out from hotel both guest were given a receipt to sign, which eas done with out any questions and the receptionist thought that all was correct.
again please accept our appologies for the slip up, the young man should have told you that he was going to contact your friend to have the credit card re-issued in order to credit you and debit her card.
Again we are very sorry for the disapointing service you received.
should you return to Memphis in the near future pleaser contact me and I will be delighted to make up to you with a special rate for the inconveniences you had.

sincerely,