“Awesome!”

Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Lexington
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for our 26th anniversary. By far the best hotel in Memphis! The staff, room, food, and location were all perfect. I changed reservations from another hotel downtown when I stumbled across this place on the Internet. It is the only hotel we will use while staying in Memphis from now on!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at the River Inn of Harbor town, charming European style hotel situated above the Mississippi with great views of the mighty river,. The desk staff were very friendly and after checking in we were offered a choice of wine which was most welcome after a long day's drive.

My room was in the second building across from reception,the room was well appointed and comfortable. Breakfast which was complementary was delicious and of a very high standard including the waiter service. Great hotel with great atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Breakfast was included as a part of the hotel stay. It was incredible and a real value add benefit. Patrick, our server, was the most welcoming server ever and made our stay even more enjoyable. We also enjoyed the smaller size of the hotel. The carpet in some rooms is dated and needs detailed cleaning to create a more comfortable envirornment - not horrible but it could be better for a ranked close to a five star.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LoveBeach515
Spring, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love to be able to look at the water while in my hotel and the River Inn at Harbor Town Square fulfilled my wishes. Because my husband is in a motorized wheelchair, I called ahead and asked for a spacious room, facing the Mississippi River. We loved our room on the 4th floor. It was beautifully decorated and featured everything we needed. Upon arriving, we were greeted with a beverage of our choice. When we returned from dinner, chocolates and two glasses of a cordial wine were left in our room. Each of the staff members were very courteous. My one concern is the area right in front of the hotel. It was very difficult trying to let my husband out of our wheelchair accessible van in front of the hotel. There was 1 wheelchair accessible parking space, across the street, which was taken. I believe more thought should be given to a better access to their front door. Parking is allowed on both sides of the street which makes it difficult to get around in a wheelchair, even on their sidewalks. There really needs to be more wheelchair accessible parking spots designated also. Other than that, we had a great time !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We just spent a couple of nights at the river inn. Harbor town is a new development on Mud Island overlooking the Mississippi River and the inn is modern and very comfortable. Service is very good - our laundry was returned within four hours. The beds and linens are top quality, room service breakfast arrived in ten minutes and all the hotel staff were very friendly. Highly recommend visitors to Memphis stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful at check-in, hotel suited our needs. Rooms were typical of modern conveniences. Overall a good stay. Walls are a bit thin because we could hear other guest in the next room. Location was in a good area for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here during a Mississippi River road trip heading from Galena to Vicksburg. This was the 1st time either of us stayed in Memphis. Wonderful city and a wonderful place to stay while there. I originally posted a review that was less favorable about this place, due to the handling of a minor problem I had. Since then management has contacted me, very concerned about fixing the problem. They not only fixed it, but left me with a strong feeling that this place is proud of its reputation as a luxury hotel, and wants to be sure all its guests are treated accordingly.
I cannot wait to get back to Memphis to see more of the city and stay once again at this great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013