Traveling to Memphis for a Dylan concert on July 30th, this was at the top of my list for a place to stay, based largely on reviews by previous guests on Trip Advisor.
It's charming, quaint and CLEAN (my number one must have!). In addition, it's located in Harbor Town, on Mud Island, the site of the Dylan show of the 30th.
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and offered multiple suggestions on a place to catch a bite after the show, when asked.
The room, though small, was beautifully appointed, and the river view lovely, as was all of Harbor Town. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom sparkling clean. Room service was prompt, and the cheese plate and house wine was delicious. Breakfast on Sunday morning at Paulettes was lovely, delicious, and service prompt and professional. A light eater I ordered two fired egg whites and coffee. When the plate arrived the egg whites were fluffy and light, and shaped like a omelet. The waiter shared with me the fact that the chef couldn't bear the thought of two sparse egg whites on the plate so he added a few more, and made them into a fluffy "omelet". Beautifully presented, they were adorned with a few sprigs of herbs and asparagus tips. There's an artist in the kitchen.
We stopped into Tug's for a late afternoon drink, and the bartender on duty gave us a great tip for Memphis style ribs after the show. I didn't catch his name but many thanks! The ribs DID fall off the bones at the Blues City Cafe on Beale Street. Yum!
Lovely stay; we'll definitely make this our headquarters on future visits to Memphis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Boutique Hotel with European ambiance and Southern hospitality located I Harbor Town on a peninsula on the Mississippi River in downtown Memphis. 2 miles from Beal Street, FedEx Forum and Orpheum Theater, half mile from St. Jude Children Hospital. most room/suites are overlooking the Mississippi River, the hotel is offering 3 restaurants/bars, Paulette's (fine dining), Tug's Casual Grill and the Terrace offering small plates and hand crafted cocktails with having the best view in town of the Mississippi River, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your River Inn of Harbor Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Inn Of Harbor Town Hotel Memphis
- River Hotel Memphis
- River Hotel Of Harbor Town