“Keep looking”

Ranked #63 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Guntersville, Alabama
“Keep looking”
Reviewed June 13, 2005

My first instinct when I pulled into the parking lot of this hotel was to cancel and move on but I was so exhausted from my trip that I decided to chance it. The room itself wasn't bad but the hotel manager was a pain. He kept asking me if I had a pet with me. I told him no, I was traveling alone but he continued to grill me as to whether or not I had a pet. This hotel does accept pets but charges an additional $15 per night if you have them in your room. I guess he has had people try to sneak them in to avoid paying the additional fee.

When I got to the room, there was only about a half roll of toilet paper and no spare roll. There was a coffee maker but no coffee or cream/sugar packets were offered. I travel with my own coffee so it was no big deal. I may have been able to get some from the office but I didn't bother. I ran down a maid who was cleaning an adjacent room and got a spare roll of TP.

This hotel is in a heavy industrial area with lots of traffic. There were some men in the room next door to me who were either having a rowdy poker game or up to no good of some sort. They talked and cursed loudly until really late. I turned up the volume on my tv to drown them out. Apparently they had rented the room just for whatever they were doing because they were all gone by 4:30 AM when I had to get up to start my day.

I was a little uneasy about being in this hotel because I am female and travel alone. I picked up some food and locked myself in the room before dark. I didn't have any problems at all but I wouldn't recommend this hotel. I have to go back to this same area again soon and will definitely look elsewhere for a room. There are some really nice hotels in Olive Branch and Southhaven, MS which is only about 5 miles to the south.

9 Thank BamaLover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Travelers also viewed these Memphis hotels
Americas Best Value Inn - Memphis / Airport
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Apple Tree
Red Roof Inn Memphis East
Red Roof Inn Memphis East
#62 of 136 in Memphis

Been to Travelers Inn and Suites Memphis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelers Inn and Suites Memphis

Property: Travelers Inn and Suites Memphis
Address: 5024 Highway 78 (5024 Lamar Ave.), Memphis, TN 38118 (Formerly Best Western)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Memphis
#15 Business Hotel in Memphis
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelers Inn and Suites Memphis 2*
The Travelers Inn and Suites is less than 10 minutes from the Memphis International Airport, Graceland, and the University of Memphis. Downtown Memphis, Beale Street, B.B. King’s Bluesville are a short 15 miles. J.B. Hunt Trucking Company and Burlington Northern, Santa Fe Railroad are less than 1 mile, making the Travelers Inn the ideal lodging choice.This pet friendly hotel’s amenities include a free breakfast, free high speed wireless internet, and an outdoor pool. Additional features are free parking, guest laundry facilities and a business center. Parking is available for over sized vehicles and trucks.Each well-appointed guest room features free high speed wireless internet, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, alarm clock radio, free local calls, air conditioning ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Travelers Inn and Suites Memphis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Memphis