“Great Hotel”

Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway
Ranked #15 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Very nice hotel. Minutes from downtown. Very clean and very nice staff. Breakfast staffed very friendly and used first names to talk with us. Would stay again, definitely.

Room Tip: Minutes from downtown and galleria
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kimsxe

Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. The design of the room was sleek and contemporary, yet comfortable. Loved the marble vanities and large flat screen tv. We had the king bed suite and the bed was awesome, very comfortable. There was complementary breakfast and it was ok - your basic continental breakfast offerings. The hotel also provided the option to order hot breakfast/lunch (omlettes, french toast, etc.), which was nice and not super expensive. If you come down for breakfast during colder months, wear warm clothes because the seating area in the lobby gets cold each time the doors open. The hotel was in a relatively quiet location with nice restaurants nearby and a Target across road. We didn't have any problem with the service. We called ahead to tell them that we would check in late and it wasn't a problem. The room we reserved was ready when we finally arrived. We really liked the hotel and the price was great. We would definately stay here again, however, next time we'll try their Wolfchase location because it's close to a great mall and a much larger selection of restaurants. Hope that location won't be too busy!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shevyshev
Reviewed February 28, 2011

HP was a recommendation by a friend. Easy phone reservation. Staff at the desk upon check in were friendly and helpful. I was put in a king room behind the elevator. $99+tx. I was worried about noise but didn't hear a thing. It is wider than most, but not as deep. The room was clean and updated. There is a desk, bar w/ refrigerator, pullout sofa, ottoman, large flat TV, vanity with sink outside the toilet/shower room, closet. See photos..worth a thousand words.

HUGE TV. Nice side ports to attach whatever electronics you want.

Breakfast basics for free. Cereal, pastry, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt. Eggs and meats cost more.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank cooperpd
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I was going on my first vacation in years, and while I was on a budget I didn't want to feel like it (i.e. deprived of a first class experience). This place fit the bill perfectly. Complimentary breakfast and internet. Though connecting to the internet was a bit of an issue at first. The room is just as advertised: Huge as standard rooms go, with a sitting area including a desk and chair, a large couch, and ottoman. 42" HD-TV that could be viewed either from the sitting area or the bed. The room also featured a kitchenette area with an additional sink and a mini-refrigerator. Both the couch and the bed were very comfortable. I found the peripheral plug-ins associated with the TV very helpful. The TV selection isn't spectacularly inclusive, but I did find my favorite channels (USA, TNT, TBS ESPN). The paid options were more inclusive and should you have the inclination, you'd surely find something to watch. My only issue with the room itself was that the bathtub surround had one area that consistently appeared unclean. The rest of the bath and the room was totally fine, just this one area seemed suspect. It was to the point that I still wonder if it wasn't a defect of the room since my room was otherwise clearly cleaned everyday.

The staff was immensely nice to me. Every single time I saw any of them it was "How are you?" "Did you have a nice day?" and other pleasantries. I had to extend my trip unexpectedly after already checking out of the hotel. I, thankfully, was able to check back in without any trouble. I also had the opportunity to use the Gallery kitchen and the kiosk ordering, even late at night, the staff was still friendly and made my meal at the time of order. Prices aren't outrageous given the amount of food you get. That said, I would stay away from the ready-made stuff in the display case because those are expensive given the amount of food you get.

The hotel's location was very convenient for my stay. My main destination was only a few miles away, and its conveniently located near a shopping center with a Target, a Best Buy and several other large chain stores, which turned out the be a big lifesaver for me.

However, if your main interest in Memphis is near downtown you may want to stay closer due to traffic. On my first day in town I went downtown before checking into the hotel, and as a result ended up in the beginning and middle of rush hour traffic. It took me the better part of an hour to get to the hotel from downtown.

If your first priority isn't to be downtown everyday, you want to spacious and comfy room with great service and little luxuries that go a long way. This is your place. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Great suite-like rooms suited for families. Will stay here again on next memphis trip!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Great location, nicely appointed rooms, way above average breakfast, very attractive lobby.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel is your typical Hyatt Place, smartly decorated with a friendly staff and great, fresh breakfast bar. The cons that need to mentioned are these: 1. a man in an old car was begging for money in the parking lot. When we mentioned it to the front desk, they knew who the man was and said he was harmless but a regular and known to the police. Allowing this man to put guests in a position where you have to hand over cash in a hotel parking lot (or worry for your safety or the safety of your vehicle) is not the best welcome mat that a hotel can put out. Second con: there's something wrong with the AC in that water audibly sloshes around when the ac is running and there is a strong mold/mildew smell in the room coming from the unit. It works and we are only staying one night, and it's not likely to be different in any other room here, so we did not complain. But, travelers should be aware that some hyatt places seem to have lower quality or less maintained AC units than others. (Or perhaps the others or only newer?) I wouldn't want to stay more than a night and I'm not sure I'd stay here again, but it was adequate.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business