“Amazing atmosphere, pretty good food”
Review of Majestic Grille

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Peabody
Transit: Peabody Place Trolley Stop
Description: While dining at The Majestic Grille you might expect to see Myrna Loy & William Powell sitting at the bar, zinging witty one-liners at each other over ice-cold martinis. Originally built in 1913 as the Majestic No. 1, a silent picture house that entertained Memphians for three decades, the restaurant gives diners a glimpse of the heady Hollywood days of ol'. From the beautifully restored Beaux Arts décor to expertly prepared classic cocktails to warm, gracious service to Chef/Owner Patrick Reilly's award wining, yet remarkably comfortable food, you find yourself feeling transported to another time. Add to that the largest private movie screen in the city showing silent films & classic movies and you're center stage in an atmosphere that reclaims the cinematic glory of the dawn of the silver screen. Named Best Restaurant, Best Brunch and Best Chef, The Majestic Grille has won accolades in regional and national press. As a community gathering spot for the Arts, The Majestic Grille offers up a dining experience that delights all the senses! Whether sipping a mimosa at our 'Ultimate' Sunday Brunch, hosting a business dinner in a private room, or watching the trolley roll by on our beautiful patio, we invite you to join us for a special dining experience in our historic downtown location. We look forward to seeing you soon, Deni & Patrick Reilly
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I ate at the majestic before seeing Mary Poppins at the Orpheum. It was packed with people so we sat at the bar and ate. The bartenders were so busy that it took 10 minutes for them to notice we sat down. We had a flatbread and the Cajun chicken egg rolls. Both were pretty good. The restaurant itself is very unique and cool. Overall, a pretty good find.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for my birthday weekend and my husband made a reservation here for one of our dinners. We were eating at another pricey restaurant the next night, so we tried this for a fun, more moderate restaurant. The food was average- nothing bad, but nothing to write home about. We ate the clam chowder, mahi mahi, and salmon. Bland... few vegetables to choose from. I ordered asparagus, which was substituted with green beans without being told. When I inquired, I was just told they were out. No problem except I would have liked to choose the substitution. The atmosphere is great, but it stops there. We felt like we were rushed out- We spent $80 in and out in less than an hour. We skipped dessert and enjoyed it at The Peabody. I should have just ordered the Grilled Cheese.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great atmosphere, character and service. Would probably not get the fixed pre theater meal again. It was satisfactory but not great. Very few peppercorns in the steak sauce, steak pretty fatty. Desserts were lovely and cocktail menu is delightful.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went during the week with a group of 13 from a school event downtown. We had made arrangements with them several days before coming. They offered a set menu for the students, which included sandwiches/burger, fries, drinks and desserts. The experience was wonderful, they had a table ready for our group, service was quick and the food came out promptly which was important as the students only had a certain amount of time for their dinner break before they had to be back to the band convention. The portions were generous, the server was attentive, never acted like he minded serving a bunch of middle schoolers at what is a very nice restaurant. Food was wonderful, service excellent; cant say enough nice things about our experience!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I had reservations for 8:00 Saturday, February 2nd. It was very busy as the International Blues Competition was going on, and we had to wait about 15 minutes for our table. Our server was Jeremy, who was very sweet but a little green. I learned about the menu by listening to the server waiting on the table next to us. My husband and I had the salmon which came with asparagus (green beans substituted as they ran out), and rice. We also ordered a spinach and artichoke flat bread for a starter. The flatbread was wonderful, the salmon was amazing, and the green beans were perfectly cooked. We had a cocktail each and I had a glass of wine. We had chocolate mousse and key lime pie for dessert which appeared to be complimentary. No coffee or after dinner drink was offered (missing the up sell) The bill was a reasonable $82. I would love to give 5 stars but the service just didn't meet that level. Definitely would give it another try.

Been to Majestic Grille? Share your experiences!