“The best food in Memphis and beyond”

Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe
Ranked #31 of 1,446 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
“The best food in Memphis and beyond”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Our family has ate here twice and will definitely return when in the Memphis area. The food is fantastic. The service is friendly and fast. The best fried chicken and waffles we have found. Don't miss this great restaurant

• Visited August 2013

“Great Food”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food, friendly service kept our drinks filled without being asked very friendly waiter service great food and atmosphere was relaxing

• Visited August 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
“Real chicken Fried Steak”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My first reaction to Miss Polly's on Beale Street was Chicken grease. Reminded me of my high school cafeteria when they could actually fry things. I had the Chicken Fried Steak with white gravy. The amount of breading was just perfect. I also had mac and cheese and purple hull peas. They were just like Mom used to make. Next time I go I am going to TRY to save room for the fried pie.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Teacher126
Springfield, Missouri
“Still A Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This trip was a bit different than last time. I ordered chicken and waffles, which started out amazing,until I found blood in the middle. Was pretty done with the meal at that point. Did I complain? No, I am trying to convince myself it was Tobasco sauce. G's breakfast was awesome. They do serve a perfect cup of coffee, too. Will I go back? Sure. The atmosphere is worth one bad meal.

• Visited July 2013
ooky57
“Looks awful, amazing fried pickles!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A true Beale street dingy haven for heart attack inducing but delicious fried food and sweet tea. don't expect fancy treatment but who cares?

• Visited June 2013