“Sooooo Good!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Reading reviews on TripAdvisor convinced me to try Miss Polly's. It was sad looking from the outside, but the food was wonderful. We started with the fried pickle and tomatoes basket, followed by the chicken and waffles. Best waffle I have ever eaten. Added a side of mac and cheese. Daughter had the pulled chicken bbq salad and fries. Everything was super delicious. Don't judge from the outside, it is worth a try.

There are newer reviews for Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe

Reviewed June 2, 2013

the service could be better but they only had one waitress, so not her fault, but was really not happy with the fried chicken, just expected better southern fried chicken, but that was just me, the chicken fried steak was excellent with some really good white county gravy,

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This has become our breakfast stop on our yearly visits. Big breakfast plate, but the chicken & waffles are the best! Chicken has the best flavor & in a thin crisp batter...yum! Side of grits & two eggs if you have room! Right in the heart of Beale street. Oh & good coffee too!
I recommend for a hearty breakfast for sure.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were on Beale Street waiting for the Paul McCartney concert and were going to eat at A&R but decided we didn't want to wait a long time and ended up trying Miss Polly's. The staff very, very friendly. From the man at the door to the servers, everyone was smiling and inviting. The best thing on the menu appears to be the fried chicken. Not the breast filet, but the bone in, marinated chicken. It had lots of flavor and was served smoking hot. The sides were just okay, and the pulled pork that my wife had was good, but this isn't a bbq place, so it was about what I expected. So when you go to Miss Polly's, get the fried chicken plate or the chicken and waffles. It's crispy, salty goodness.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The food was good, but nothing that screams "MEMPHIS!" if you catch what I mean. Also has very slow moving customer service. Took nearly an hour for just me to get in and out