“Fabulous experience with delicious fried chicken”

Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe
Ranked #61 of 1,527 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want the best fried chicken and sides in an environment filled with quirky signs and table tops covered with blues stars, this is the place. We ate at the BB King table and the server was great, friendly and funny. I had fried chicken, baked beans and greens. Very fun, right on Beale Street with a stuffed toy chicken out front on a chair. No room for desserts but the red velvet and chocolate cake looked very tempting.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the whole feel of the place. It has a great southern blues vibe, and the food was wonderful, too. The service was outstanding!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate here every morning of our visit to Memphis - they do a great cooked brunch before 11am, waffles and fried chicken, omelettes, bottomless coffee. Service can be a bit hit and miss, depending on who you get, but ultimately it's incredible value for money in a great spot on Beale Street. It set us up for the day every day!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was on my way to try Gus's Fried Chicken and I thought I'd ask the lady garage attendant who makes good fried chicken in the area. She said Miss Polly's so I thought a local recommendation was a good start. I arrived 20 minutes before closing and I was the only one there and I thought they would turn me away, which didn't happen. In fact, just the opposite. A young man was very welcoming and was pleased to serve me. (How many times does that happen?) After I came in, a few others did, too. The menu is pretty basic but there's something for everyone. I ordered a couple of pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes (real ones), green beans and baked beans. A nice piece of cornbread came with my dinner. The baked bbq beans were tasty. The green beans were cooked with some onion and the waiter said they were also cooked with a ham bone for extra flavor - a pleasant, tasty surprise. I can't remember what I paid, but everything on the menu was very reasonable. The place looked clean. Service was great for closing time. No one rushed me out even though it was close to closing time. Highly recommend if your looking for good fried chicken on Beale Street.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is a fantastic hole in the wall. The do not offer bloody Mary's for breakfast, so bummer there. A lot of places claim to do chicken and waffles. Chicken strips are not the same as bone in chicken breast. Just the right amount of spicy. Pure heaven.