“Chicken & Waffles”

Miss Polly's Soul City Cafe
Ranked #33 of 1,440 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Springfield, Missouri
“Chicken & Waffles”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is a fantastic hole in the wall. The do not offer bloody Mary's for breakfast, so bummer there. A lot of places claim to do chicken and waffles. Chicken strips are not the same as bone in chicken breast. Just the right amount of spicy. Pure heaven.

• Visited April 2013

Cedarburg
“Third time was a charm for us - hidden gem on Beale Street”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had planned to catch some bbq while on Beale Street and we tried two different restaurants (Pig and BB King's), giving both restaurants 15 minutes to send someone (anyone!) to our table before walking out. We had bypassed Miss Polly's the first time because we just thought it was a takeout place.

We checked out the menu and it looked really good, so we were ushered inside to a charming little restaurant. Go figure! And in less than a minute, our server was at our table and provided excellent service throughout the meal.

We ordered Po Boys -- shrimp and BBQ, respectively -- and they were really delicious. The sandwiches were accompanied by potato salad and cole slaw, both of which had a nice zip to them. But the whole menu looked good. Wish we had more time in Memphis, as we would have definitely come back.

Thanks, Miss Polly's, for turning things around for us that night.

• Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fun, hot and delicious chicken and waffles!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

After reading reviews, we were excited to try out Miss Polly's on a our roadtrip through Memphis. We were welcomed immediately and told to sit anywhere we wanted. Our server was helpful and fun. Friendly and efficient. We had the fried green tomato and fried pickle appetizer which was good - we'd never had fried green tomatoes and I was pleasantly surprised that I liked them (I don't even like tomatoes). The star of this meal was definitely the chicken and waffles. They were piping hot and delicious. The chicken was moist and crispy, with a very subtle spice in the breading. I had mac n cheese for my side which was good, but I was too preoccupied with the waffle and chicken to really care about anything else. My husband had the black eyed peas for his side and he loved them. If you are interested in trying a local specialty - I highly recommend Miss Polly's!

• Visited March 2013
Batesville, Arkansas
“Breakfast on Beale”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 was full after leaving this place and the prices very reasonable. Waitress was efficient and friendly. Great food as well. I had the Skillet Biscuits and Gravy. I know my gravy and this was awesome! Highly recommend.

Alexandria, VA
“Great breakfast place!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for breakfast twice on our stay. Service is very friendly and laid back (typical southern relaxed). The food was great. I really enjoyed the biscuits and the fried pies. Prices were also great. Definitely check them out.