“An average pub-like place”
Review of Kooky Canuck

Kooky Canuck
Ranked #34 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Adding bacon and maple does not make it Canadian. This place makes you feel more like you're in a random camping lodge - no real signs of Canadiana. So many offerings are out there to give folks a Canadian cuisine experience - salmon, Montreal smoked meat, tourtière, sugar pie, beaver tails, rappie pie, bannock, blueberry grunt, or even a side of ketchup chips! Instead there's a small handful of items and the rest is really just average pub food. As for the s'mores - fun thing to do at the table with the kids, but missed the mark serving them with Hersey bars.

There are newer reviews for Kooky Canuck

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Waling past we thought this looked decidedly average, but the food was really very very good.

We were there when a young guy attempted the challenge and almost had a very nasty result, but the servers dealt with that very well.

The normal food was superb. The burgers were super tasty and the deep fried pickles tasted great, but there were too many for an appetizer for one.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place seems to be always busy if you are in a hurry then don't stop. If you want to relax and have a great burger then this place is for you. The atmosphere is an outdoor look. I loved the tree branches on the divider wall . It was very noisey had a hard time talking to my husband in the same booth but like I said it was a very busy place. The prices are high for burgers. I didn't have the 4 pound burger. I didn't want to try it and if I did I didn't want to spend $32.00 for a burger. I did try the bacon and blue burger it was good. But the fries were very greasy and some over done. But it was nice to try at least once. I wouldn't have gone there if we weren't on vacation. I guess I like to try different places you wouldn't have a home. Probably won't go anytime again. But always nice to try some place you haven't been.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Service was good. The food was overpriced for what you get. It was decent food, but nothing special. Atmosphere is cute, but very loud. It's worth going once, but I won't return.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Not really indicative of Memphis food at all. Not bad food, but not good either. Way overpriced. Tourist trap.