“Nice!”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Outstanding food in great north woodsy atmosphere with excellent service! The hamburgers and fries are amazing! Eat here!

There are newer reviews for Kooky Canuck

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've eaten at Kooky Canuck's more times than I can count since it opened several years ago, and I've never had a bad experience at this restaurant. Outstanding service (kudos to Christy--she is exceptional)...and definitely one of the best values in downtown Memphis. They have the best burger in town, and their hand-cut fries are to die for! If you have room for dessert try the deep dish cookie a la mode...it's melt-in-your-mouth, slap-yo-mama kinda' good.

1  Thank AmyBeth102189
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was road tripping with a friend who is Canadian, so we decided to go in for dinner and a laugh. Funny, typical Canadian stereotype decor. HUGE (and cheap drinks), s'mores made at the table and wonderful service. Even poured our drinks in to-go drink cups for us.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I had to say I was drawn in thinking I was in for a Canadian adventure. The food, service, and value were all very good, but not excellent. The inside was definitely Canadian decor, but in my opinion the food was very Americanized. I would eat here again because the food and service came at a good value.

I had the pulled pork sandwich, my friends had grilled chicken and steak. If you are a bacon fan, the warm bacon vinaigrette is yummy.

The place was nothing super special in my opinion, but good food, service, and value are always a plus in my book.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I lived in Memphis for almost four years, and this was hands down my favorite place for burgers! The four cheese burger was always my favorite, and I loved the desserts! My wife's favorite burger was the Canadian.
Just don't do the Kookamunga Challenge...it's expensive if you don't win (which you won't) and when you DO win, you only get the burger for free and the option to buy a souvenir picture which they place on the wall and their website.
That aside, I love this place and am just dying to come back!