“A very upset attended of Value Place on Shelby Oaks Dr”

WoodSpring Suites Memphis Northeast
Ranked #61 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
“A very upset attended of Value Place on Shelby Oaks Dr”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stay in Value Place on Shelby Oaks Dr. Its a nice place been there since February. But they have a lot problems with staff. But now that they have got new staff there's a problem with people moving things n my room. Take things out that font belong to V.Place. and I've work for hotel you dont move people personal things around with out them present. And we have right to turn down cleaning service. And you dont rearrange the things nor go there cabinets. So im really thinging bout relocated my stay somewhere else. I feel like my privacy is being invaded when not there,when my things are moved. I keep my room clean at all times. And dont like it when you tirn my air down and my room hot i jave asthmatic and my room have to stay cold .

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank westln

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are new to town and stayed at this extended stay until our home was ready for move-in...huge mistake! The first night me, my husband and 11 year old nice stayed, we felt something biting us. We thought it was mosquitoes. Then the itching became worse, so I thought we were allergic to the detergent they used on their linen, so I stripped the beds and washed the mattress pads, linens and comforters in hot water using our detergent. I also disinfected the room and threw away some strawberries we ate, just in case we were developing some new allergies. I became extremely concerned when a few bumps on my and my niece's arm became bumps that covered her entire arm, part of her legs and face. I spoke with a friend of mine who is in medical school and she told me that if the bumps were in a line it was probably bed bugs. At that point, I took my niece to the front desk and showed one of the ladies her arm. Three ladies immediately came up to our room with a magnifying glass and searched for bed bugs. They removed the headboard and found plenty of bed bugs hiding there. Originally, they were going to move us to another room and help us wash our clothes; however, after speaking to their district manager, they were told to put us out of the hotel, using the excuse that we could have brought the bed bugs there. We were given a refund, our deposit was returned to us and we were happy to leave. Thank goodness we were only there a week and the bed bugs didn't get to our belongings. We have not had any signs of bed bugs since we left Value Place and my family's bodies are beginning to clear up. I pray they resolve the problem and nobody else has to experience bed bugs at this hotel. This was a very miserable experience, and it was even worse that Value Place was not willing to take responsibility!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this facility! The bedbugs are not worth it.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank A J
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My ill mother was staying there at shelby oaks. She has suffered a collaps walking the restroom prior to having a heart attack.We had to check her out early,when she was in ICU.The Paramedics where called to hotel. When we tried to get a refund for the remaining days, Evelyn or Ebony stated that she has to keep the money for thae unused days, as well as 100 dollars to wash stained sheets from not making to bathroom on time and paramedics working on her. Evelyn or Ebony made a mockery of the lifethreatening situations, by saying in front ot a customer that she should have made it to bathroom on time without collapsing, and Evelyn or Ebony was laughing and talking laod the entire time,while my mother was fighting for her life in Icu.Prior to that event, the toillet was out of order with feces.This emergency was reported more than once.They gave my mother a plunger and told her that her friend can try to fix it with a plunger.No deposit was given back to us. That plumbing problem existed for 1 week.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
10 Thank patriciawebster
Reviewed January 13, 2010

This hotel only offers the basics but the rooms are clean and the security is good. I am not sure how safe your car will be in this area of town but I had no problems. The prices are reasonable for weekly or longer stays and the people at the desk (managers) are helpful, pleasant, and take care of problems. The rooms have kitchenettes but you will have to pay $50 extra for a "dish pack" which includes a few plates, cookware, and utensils. Expect to pay extra for other appliances too such as toasters, coffee makers etc. Given the world today I can understand requiring a security deposit for those types of items but the fees seem pretty high to me. I think you could probably buy everything they offer in the dish pack from WalMart for less than they charge.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Entlebuch
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 7, 2007

I stayed at the Shelby Oaks Value Plus for two weeks and found it to be a perfect place for a short or monthly stay. The rooms were clean and the staff pleasent and helpful.

I was on a business trip and stayed two weeks. I only notice the sign while driving by and made reservations in person. But they have a web site. It is a distance out side of downtown Memphis but it is an excellent place to stay.

I would highly recommend it to woman traveling alone as well. Management at this location screens people very well and do not tolerate any problems.

If your going green (no car)there are stores within walking 4 blocks. Memphis Bus (MATA) does have a bus with low f frequency that goes by it.

A weekly stay is the most economical way stay, so if you only need one or two days it may not be what you want. And for those new to the area you might want to get directions on which exit to take off 40 to get to Shelby Oaks drive. It has easy access to Hwy 40 but is off the main road Sycamore View.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — nothing it worked out for me
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Free2travelusa