“Great location and super friendly staff!”

The Westin Memphis Beale Street
Ranked #29 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed May 6, 2014

A friend and I were coming back to Dallas from the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina as part of a MINI Cooper Rally, we decided to stay in Memphis for the night and choose this hotel because is a block away from Beale Street.
The location is excellent right across street from the Gibson Guitar Factory, the FedEx Stadium and of course Beale St the only down side is that you can hear all the music from Beale St but that didn't affect our sleep their beds are so comfortable that is hard not to fall sleep.
Their staff was so helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate our needs, from the check in process to the valet parking they made everything convenient for us.
I specially want to mention the valet parking staff that recognized that we had 2 MINIs and had them ready for us at the hotel entrance when we were ready to leave.
The breakfast at their restaurant was delicious!

Room Tip: If you don't want noise request a room in the side opposite to Beale St
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Located 200 meters from Beale street. Nearby are the Rock and Soul moseum and the Gibson Guitar factory. Very helpful staff. The manger helped us immediatly upon arriving since they gave us the wrong room. The room was clean and large enough, we stayed at ther corner of the hotel with a wounderful night view to Beale Street.

Room Tip: Staying at the corner of the hotel gives a view to Beale St.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent hotel guest here usually on business. Great hotel service from front desk to management. Rooms are very nice. If you are in the mode for a great time simply work your way down to the lobby bar!! Two gentlemen who will make sure you are entertained either by conversation or group chats are CARLOS and COURTNEY!!!! These are two of those most entertaining and hard working guys in the industry! Keep up the awesome work.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Addictive12
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Check in to this hotel is 3 pm, but because the NBA team was staying, we were not able to check in until after 7pm. With the price of this hotel at $289.00 I would expect better coordination of events to prevent this very thing. We have stayed at the Westin in Atlanta and the difference in staff and customer service is obvious. After two hours of waiting and getting nothing from the front desk I called the parent company Starwood. They claimed to have called the manager but gave me the same excuse they did. Having stayed at quite a few hotel chains and a member of every
Chains rewards program, the customer service from this hotel was the worse. I will not stay at this hotel again and would advise others the same until they change their customer service practice. Even the valet guy was rude.

Room Tip: Any room at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Korey C
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had made reservations directly with the hotel. (ONLY because the Peabody was full) When we arrived we were told valet parking was full. Full? The door man did accommodate us and park the car directly in front of hotel. Then at check in we realized that agent booked the wrong day! After a lot of talk they finally found us a room. The rooms are tired, carpet stained, paint chipped. But the beds are still heavenly. Not a good showing for the Westin. I don't plan to return until a redo!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were so disappointed in Westin Memphis. Their website is so appealing... the beautiful room and breathtaking glass windows. This hotel is located just a block from Beale Street which is a somewhat "trashy". The hotel room was uninspiring... with a dimly lit bathroom and too much "junk" food and drink in the fridge and on top of the credenza. The bed was very comfortable...There is very little space to utilize in the king room we were given. The valets were NOT well-trained in how to receive guests, open doors, unload and so on... both on arrival and departure 3 days later. One of the valets dipped snuff. No, really. There was no concierge. The girls at the front desk were nice. But we just expect much more from the Westin that what we received. To top it off, they have a desk filled with sports memorabilia in the lobby and bid sheets... but it DOESN"T work the usual way, even though it is very misleading. You think you have to outbid the signature before yours. There's a 1-888 number, but no one answers. Then, when you get home, they all you and say you won.. problem is, EVERYONE on the bid sheet won... so there's no need to outbid one another. They obviously have many duplicates of the item you thought you were bidding on. This I misleading and should be stopped. It's a trap. Stay at the Peabody.

Room Tip: If you're just staying overnight on business, it'll probably work just fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I normally try to solve my problems with the hotel directly but since they did not return my calls or emails I will tell you my experience.

I stayed there one night and upon entering the room it was very muggy. I turned on the air conditioning but it didn't work. I called to front desk and they said they would send a repair man. I left for the evening and when I got back 4 hours later I again entered a muggy room. I called the front desk again and they advised the AC was fixed.

The thermostat was at 65 and blowing warm air. The room was at 72 degrees when I woke up at 4am sweating. I saw a bottle of water next to my bed and it had a sign on it that said it was complimentary. So I drank it. I later received a bill for $13 for a bottle of water. When I inquired about it I was told that I should have read the fine print because it is only complimentary if I belong to some rewards program. I obviously wasn't going to read all that at 4am in a room where the air conditioning didn't work. Other members of my group experienced the same AC issues and were disappointed.

The toilet looked like someone had tried to flush a bucket of gravel because it was all scratched up.

I called and asked to speak with the manager Mr Jordan. He didn't answer his phone and I left him a voicemail with my contact info. A week later I called back and ask if Mr Jordan was out of the office last week. They said no and I again got his voicemail with no return call. I emailed Westin's parent company and after a week there was no response.

The hotel had some nice features and was clean, but you can't deceive people with "complimentary" water or not give them working air conditioning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business