“What?? Pay for Wifi”

The Westin Memphis Beale Street
Ranked #29 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Are you kidding me? You want to charge $6.95 per day for wifi after paying soooo much for a room. The morning of our departure we called the front desk to request additional coffee which they stated would be right up. As I write this three days later we are still waiting for the coffee. Good location, clean and comfortable. Now that I know more about Memphis will not be staying here again just because of price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

A clean, well-appointed hotel but service has a long way to go. I called about a malfunctioning chair on my first day; by day three it was still not fixed. Restaurant had very limited and uninspired menu especially for breakfast - very unfortunate since there were very few other places in the immediate area for breakfast. My room also had a power pole that gave me genuine concern as a fire hazard it was in such a broken state.

Normally Westin is a very good choice - not this one in Memphis. Advantage: one short block from Beale street.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I made a reservation for two rooms at this hotel 45 days prior to my trip. The hotel manager called 7 days prior to our arrival with a so called "courtesy call" saying the hotel had sold out to a group and that I no longer had reservations. I couldn't believe it. My email reservation says I have a guaranteed reservation. Guess not. I called SPG, spoke with a supervisor who could do nothing really except open a case that would take 5 days.

Now its 6 days from our trip, all hotels are sold out on Beale Street. The Hotel nor SPG offered a viable option other than a hotel that was 15 minutes from Beale Street.

This is totally unacceptable but as usual, like the airlines, these big companies ultimately don't care.

4  Thank TBONEWILLY999
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is the spot to stay if you are attending any event at the Fedex Forum or plan on partaking in what Beale St has to offer. It almost feels as if the downtown is planned entirely around you when you are in this location. The hotel is upscale with ample staff to attend to your needs; the visiting NBA teams stay here for a reason. Beale St is a short and safe walk down the st. I will happily return if I ever go back to Memphis.

Note on NBA viewing at the Forum: Sitting in the floor seats at the arena allows you access to free food and drink: worth the extra coin if you are making a decision on seating location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
BealeStreetHotelier, Digital Media Coordinator at The Westin Memphis Beale Street, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Good Morning!

Thanks for taking the time to leave such an awesome review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to fit in a Grizz game!

We look forward to your next visit, it was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I just returned from 2 nights at the Westin for a girls weekend getaway. We asked for early check-in and connecting rooms which were both accommodated. This location is fantastic. Right across the street from the FedEx Forum, the Rock and Soul Museum and the Gibson factory. You can hop on a free shuttle provided by Sun Studios to Graceland at the Rock and Soul Museum. Also right next to Beale street. Every staff member we encountered was fantastic from the front desk to the bellman to the bartenders. Rooms were clean and spacious. Beds are super comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you don't enjoy loud bands playing until 2:00am ask for a room that doesn't face Beale St...
1  Thank cruisercamper

Good Morning!

Thanks for taking a moment to leave such a wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take in some of the Memphis sights.

We look forward to your next stay, thank you for choosing Westin Memphis Beale Street.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and always had a great experience. One time BB King was staying just down the hall. The lobby is a little dull, but the rooms are nice. Typical Westin rooms with amazing beds. Love the bathrooms with huge stand up shower. Most rooms have a decent view. Great being so close to the stadium for Grizzlies games and near Beale Street. Also very close to great bbq at the Rendezvous. It would be nice if the place had a pool and more going on in the lobby. At times I feel like the prices here are a little much. Staff seems fine but not too hospitable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Good Morning!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a great, and honest, review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, as well the Westin Experience. We strive to make our guests feel at home, and it seems like we were able to do just that.

I must agree, it would be great if we had a pool! The next time you're in town, check out the newly established Kroc Center. They have an amazing aquatics facility and are within driving distance from the hotel. www.krocmemphis.org

Thank you again for choosing Westin Memphis, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arrived in a downpour and the bellman was kind enough to escort us in with an umbrella and allowed us to leave our car in the driveway for more than 30 minutes while we waited for the rain to subside. They are welcoming and eager to help, and I would give special thanks to Gary, the MOD, who cheerfully and quickly fixed a concern we had with our room, and gave us a spacious suite with a nice view to match.
The room itself was clean throughout, and the maid service was top notch. The location was nice too, being just far enough from the rowdy part of Beale St. I didn't use the valet parking as the garage is attached to the hotel and was only $10 per night, a bargain where I come from. The fitness center was typical Westin and the bar/restaurant on the property actually had good food at reasonable prices, although we only had appetizers, saving our meals for nearby eateries.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family