After spending a few days in Nashville, my husband and I spent one night at the Westin and were glad we chose that particular hotel, which is in the heart of the lively Beale St. area. It's also right across from the Gibson guitar factory, and the Westin allows guests to take Gibson guitars to their rooms and use them during their stay. My husband got a bright blue one (and no, I can't tell you the model) but he could have tried several had he wanted to.
I love the Westin chain for service and amenities and this one did not disappoint. The room was spacious, the bathroom had both a glass shower stall and a tub, service was great, and we experienced no problems. My one criticism of Westin is it still charges for Internet acess when most hotels have abandoned that practice. It's really offensive to have to pay for Wi-Fi when you aleady are paying top dollar for a hotel. But this is a problem I have with Westin in general and not with the Memphis facility.
If you are going to Memphis on business or for fun (we visited Graceland, which is about 20 minutes away--max), it's probably your best choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Memphis hotel is located just behind the world-famous Beale Street, home of the blues, and minutes away from the excitement of the city. We offer guests over 200 hotel rooms and 9 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Memphis Beale Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Memphis Beale Street Hotel Memphis
- Westin Memphis Beale Street
- Memphis Westin