Westy's
Ranked #82 of 1,497 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Were located one block from the pyramid right on the trolley tracks at main and jackson in downtown Memphis. Our hot fudge pie is world famous and we offer special dishes like wild rice mixtures, creole, blue plate lunches, and home baked breads.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had lunch at Westy's while I was on a conference. They were busy during the lunch hour, but their staff was very friendly and our meals we very tasty and plentiful.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Found Westy's in the magazine from our hotel and it sounded like a place we'd like to try. Gina was our waitress and she was a riot. The food was good and they made a perfect Cosmo.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Westy's was recommended by staff at Marriott. In the middle of no mans land in downtown Memphis but only a two block walk from the Marriott, never felt unsafe during the day. Had lunch there twice. The menu is huge, everyone can find something they like. I had two wild rice dishes and both were excellent, fresh and healthy (except for the bits of real bacon which improves almost any dish). Staff was very friendly. A real find.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Owner is a Vietnam Vet, all around nice guy. Staff is friendly and prompt with food. I have a very sensitive stomach and did not get sick at this or any other Memphis eatery (surprising, since I was there 5 days). Great Tuna Salad Sandwich, Wild Rice soup was too salty for me but full of pulled chicken. It's a bar with good beer selection, patio outside and they know you if you return - I say that's very good!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Staying at the Marriott, it was a short two block walk to Westy's . The small restaurant was packed so I had a seat at the bar. I had heard about their famous wild rice dishes and ordered one with bacon, cheddar and mushrooms. It was one of the tastier dishes I have eaten. Along with a dinner salad, they serve this special bread that is a bit doughy and sweet--outstanding! The bar tender told me they have it made by a local bakery especially for them. It was a great meal for a great price--if I lived in Memphis, I would be a regular at Westy's.

Been to Westy's? Share your experiences!