“Great experience ”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Capital Grille is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,678 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

When I entered the restaurant it seemed a little dim. As I walk through to the bar area where had my dinner the atmosphere seemed very cozy. The customer service was very professional and welcoming. The menu is not very extensive. Opted for the salmon and brussel sprouts which for both absolutely amazing a variety of bread came with the dinner. I will visit this restaurant again

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

I’m not sure why it took so long for us to try Capital, but I’ll be happy to return anytime! The wait staff was great and extremely knowledgeable about all of the food, wine, and cocktails. There was more food than we could handle! The bone in filet, at gratin potatoes, and brussel sprouts were fabulous! The cheesecake-best I’ve ever put in my mouth!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019

We had booked on line for a dinner for 10 people in a private room. We were informed by Capital Grille the day before we came, in a confirmation phone call, that we would have the Board room for our party. We arrived and were told we did not have a private room and that had never been confirmed. We were then informed that none were available and it would take time to set one up. If it had not been for the waiter, John David, we would have had a very disappointing evening. He was the best waiter we have ever had and he was able to gloss over our disappointment. The manager was never seen again but did give us one $25 gift certificate to be used by the 10 of us.

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Amazing food and service when you want to be pampered for your birthday. Great special touches added to the table, a personalized note and adorable desert! Must try the Surf & Turf with filet and South African lobster tail.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

We’ve had a handful of dinners over the past few years at The Capital Grill in Memphis.

This past Saturday evening my daughter and I went out to dinner. She had requested this fine restaurant as we have enjoyed it over the years.

Everything was going quite well, we had just finished our appetizer and the main course had been brought out to the table. As the main course was placed before us a cockroach had also come out with our food and began running around on the table... the staff serving the food saw the bug and smashed it with a cloth. Needless to saw at this point we had lost our appetite to eat. A few minutes passed and the manager quietly came over and apologized and stated that obviously the meal would be covered. We proceed to say we wouldn’t be eating our meal.

It was quite disappointing that this occurred. This was a place that we enjoyed, and a place I often took business associates to while in town visiting.

We’ll been to many restaurants over the years, both fine dining establishments and hole in the wall restaurant, never had i occurred a situation quite like this one.

I’m hopeful that they will take care of the cockroach issue, however I doubt I’ll ever eat there again.

2  Thank AJMILESTRAVEL

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!