“Lets do it again!”

Best Western Plus Gen X Inn
Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
“Lets do it again!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I was a little afraid at first because of some of the reviews,but I was glad that we took a chance and found the place very pleasant.The staff was very nice and helpful especially Tameka who went out of her way to guide us to where to go and what to do.It was a little smaller than I expected and the a c units were a little loud at times but the proximity to downtown and the price made it worthwhile. And the area surrounding the hotel wasn't as bad as some made it seem on some reviews. I will be returning.
The Robinsons of Georgia.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dwight R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

When I was looking for some where for my family to stay I read the reviews and started not to book a room here because of the review but my husband was like let's try it so we did and it was a very nice hotel clean and when I come back this way again from Georgia we will stay here again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sabrina D
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at this motel June 30, July 1. At first, I thought it was OK, except the peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling (no biggie). But during a power failure on my first night there, the emergency lights in the halls and stairways failed to come on. Luckily, I had a flashlight and the power outage only lasted an hour or so.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RJV57
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel overnight while visiting friends in Memphis. I read reviews of the hotel and since it was close to where we were going I decided to make the reservation. The hotel is not in a bad part of town just like an industrial part of town. There is a Hospital near the hotel and a trolley but we found out it is going to be out of service for a few months. The room was very clean, the lady at the desk was very nice, very helpful. She even called a cab for us from her cell phone because they were having problems with their phones at the time. We didn't hear hardly any noise during the night and our check out was fine. The lady during the check out looked up breakfast spots for us online and printed out the addresses. The hotel is about 10 minutes from Beale Street and was a good pick. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank 933lamarm
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014

this was a really good place to stay, good clean room and comfortable beds. the breakfast was excellent with loads of choice. Just up the road a short way is a trolly/bus stop that takes you right downtown, we got a three day pass and didn't have to use the car until sunday when the bus doesn't run down Madison Avenue, although the downtown buses do run. Would recommend this hotel for price and location, would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Clean, safe location yet only 2miles from Beale Street, 1 mile from Sun Records. Off street Parking although only fenced but one drive in and out. I would recommend to friends and I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Spencer, Indiana
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, close to everything. Bed is very comfortable. Nice lobby.
Rooms are big. Linda is great! We made a mess with our cooler in the lobby. She was so sweet about the situation. Give that woman a raise!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple