“Lots of dope smoking going on”

WoodSpring Suites Memphis Southeast
Reviewed September 12, 2011

location riverdale and winchester - horrible area of town. I smoke so the 4th floor was where i stayed,as soon as you get off the elevator you can smell the marijuana! I brought my jewelry box in because i was afraid the windows would be busted out. My fault,left the jewelry box there and of course noone knows anything about it,the clerk at the front desk didnt even care to call me back and let me know what housekeeping had to say about it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Made reservation online. Realized it was wrong location so I called the hotel directly and cancelled.

I also sent them an email- responding to their email confirmation. Always best to have things in writing instead of relying on verbal.

Thank goodness! 1 year later, they bill my credit card. They evidently did not cancel my reservation. Geesh!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I travel quite a bit. usually stay at Extended Stay,Staybridge. The linens, plate,pans,utensils ,glasses,cups,coffee maker ,toilet paper, office use (fax,copier PC) comes with the room charge, daily, weekly or more. Value Place nickels and dimes you for everything. No problem if you happen to pack all the above goods pain in the rear if you didn't. Very clinical rooms,no ambiance.. By far Extended Stay or Staybridge suites are the better value hear.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2010

When my mother had heart attack at Value Place and left blood and a few stool stains on the sheet, from Paramedics treaten and transporting my mother to ER fighting for her life,Ebony ensisted that she will keep the 100 Dollas deposit to clean the linen, and laughed at the accidental stains(from my mother collapsing going to the restroom and not making it on time. Ebony laughed and mentioned at the details in front of a customer.I nearly lost my mother, and tokk care of the paperwork checking out of the hotel.She had to check out early because of heart attack, and on top of that my mother and I where humiliated in front of other customers from Ebony, because of the stains her conditions left on her sheets.She did not ask how my mother was doing, but stated since the sheets need to be washen ,she has to keep the 100 Dollars, and she stated that my mother is nasty and should have made it to the restroom, in spite of her collapsing on way to bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank patriciawebster
Reviewed September 29, 2008

I stayed in Value Place Murfreesboro TN fro 3 weeks and they were a very bad 3 weeks.They come to clean unannounced and when we tell them to give us a few minutes ,they claim we were rude and at the end of the stay give a huge bill of an dirty room.

I would never go to Value Place again and wouldnt recommend anybody too.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank archie20
Reviewed December 29, 2006

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Accomodations were clean and very well maintained. Extremely comfortable surroundings. Felt like we were at home. Will definitely be looking for more Value Place accomodations the next time we travel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank walellah