“Cool Bar!”

and up
Memphis Ghosts Walking Tour
Ranked #10 of 58 Nightlife in Memphis
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Things don't get going here until late. Don't let that stop you though. We were the first to get there and got the Grand tour. Upstairs is really neat and different. All kinds of different people were there. It was probably my favorite place in Memphis. It's definitely not average in any way!!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place exudes as much atmosphere as the Soul Burger oozes flavor. Upstairs is a must see, the stairs are a little wonky, but it prepares you for the experience. Earnestine & Hazels is probably way more hip than I am, but I loved it all the same.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I don't drink, so its the burger, I've gotten one for me, or 20 to go and feed a film crew. It's everything right about a griddle burger in a dive bar.

I know lots of folks who drink here, and watching a movie on the wall outside is a treat. I might have even seen Justin Timberlake out there with FreeSoul.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Not what you would expect as a tourist spot but the history is right in your face. Went after a Trip to the National Civil Rights Museum (another MUST) and was suprised how good the burger was. OK maybe it was the fact that it was in what is touted as the most haunted place in Memphis or that the history of the place was intriguing, yes it was formerly a brothel. The burger while done on a greasy skillet along with a cold beer on a warm day felt like I found an oasis in the desert. I actually am not even sure if they serve anything else but the barman/cook/busboy/historian was so pleasant and informative that the experience was definately one I will repeat on another visit.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We went for lunch, so I cannot speak for the nightlife. The atmosphere was cool, knowing some of the history. The building is old and you wonder how it is still standing, but that only adds to the experience. Make sure to check out the upstairs--the brothel!

The food was good, but not great. Not a whole lot of choices; cheeseburger, chips, drinks, and maybe a couple other items. The burger was juicy and tasty, but nothing overly special about it. The chips were bagged, not made in house.