“A Lifesaver”

Memorylane Inn & Suites
Ranked #81 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was an EXCELLENT place to stay. The rooms were large, clean, and reasonably priced. The woman that runs this hotel was very friendly. We were orginally booked at a different hotel, but had to leave it because it was nasty and we didn't feel safe there. We found this hotel in walking distance to Graceland and it was a lifesaver. The rooms were so clean and comfortable. The property is secure and safe. The only way to access the property is through a locked gate tha requires a code or room key. I can honestly say the money I spent was well worth it. The room was priced great and if I was to return to Memphis again this is the place I would stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank missfitz138

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were very satisfied with our stay there for 3 days, July 27-30 2012. The rooms are large and were clean. We were treated very nice. Do not pay attention to the bad comments from others. It comes down to how you treat others. The staff were very helpful. Yes, they do have rules not to take food out of lobby. No big deal to us. We enjoyed sitting down in the lobby and meeting other travelers. We also got to know the staff. Treated us nicely. We recommend staying at the Scottish Inn anytime. People need to get over the petty rules and just show respect to others.

Room Tip: Just do your research. We were skeptical of the bad comments, but wanted to find out for ourselves.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank virginia n
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I really liked the gated entry into the hotel it made me feel secure in this neighborhood. You would think that the neighborhood would be more upper class with Graceland being only two blocks down the street. This was my second trip to Memphis and I sure don't remember it being like this the last time I was there. The last time I was there was about 30+ years ago and I sure don't recall the area being that bad. OK, back to the hotel, I would recommend this hotel as the price was reasonable and the rooms are very large and seemed very clean. I usually stay at Holiday Inn's and we all know how nice they are however, this was good for the money. The staff was friendly. They do accommodate for dogs however, they charge $25.00 a day. In regards to their free breakfast if you want any of it you better get there before 9:00 a.m., I think it was 6:00 am to 9:00 am and they clean up at 8:50 am. Not much to choose from two different dried cereals, fresh fruit must of been gone as I didn't see any. I also can say I really like the water pressure in the shower, however, the towels were not that great. All in all this is a good place to stay for the price unless you are really looking for the upper class hotel and cost. I did not get a chance to swim in the pool however, I can say it looked clean and it was small. The room I had looked like it had recently been remodel as the carpet looked very new. I also like the large flat screen TV on the wall. I am a smoker and was surprised to get a smoking room, as I thought you could no longer smoke in hotels. All in all a good place to stay for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zarubaw
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We arrived after along drive from Atlanta and were tired. We looked like we were in the wrong side of town and were impressed by the electric gates. We took a room which was ok and functional the breakfast was dire but the staff allowed us to leave the car there while we went to graceland a saving of $10 which was appreciated. Not a great hotel but it was ok

Room Tip: only use this for a visit to graceland there are better hotels out there
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

For the area, this is an ok hotel. The rooms were very large though old and in need of work, i.e. paint and remodeling. Hotel was dog friendly, though they charge by the day and it seems a bit expensive if you stay for more than one day. Graceland is a couple of blocks away. BUT, this is not the nicest part of Memphis, though the hotel certainly seems secure. A few blocks north, on Brooks, not nice at all. Staff was friendly and its an ok stay if you are going to Graceland and that's why you are there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Ok, so this place is close to Graceland, plus .. has a decent pool, plus .. the room was big, plus ... rate was reasonable, plus.

Sheets were not very clean looking, double minus ... bed was not comfy, minus .. outside our door had a smell of curry and pee, minus ... front desk lady did not have very good customer service skills (not rude, just not coming across as happy to see customers), minus.

Overall not a terrible experience, but having to sleep fully clothed because the sheets left you wondering if they had been washed left an overall negative impression .. will not stay here nor suggest staying here to anyone we know or anyone taking the time to read this review.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lu_and_deek
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The hotel room we has was clean and the bulding is gated but the staff is very rude and will nickel and dime you for everything. First I called and asked if there were any rooms available and was told there where and it was $65 a night. When we arrived I asked the night worker for a two bed room and he said they were sold out. When I told him we would just keep looking he magically found a double bed room. Then I was told the room was $85, even though I had just called. They charge $5 to use thier computer in the lobby and $25 per pet. The fruit for the breakfast was old and there are signs everywhere stating you can not take the food out of the lobby. The beds are very hard and the pool is small. There are plenty of hotels in the area so I would skip this one.

• Stayed: August 2011