“Must see”
Review of Elmwood Cemetery

Elmwood Cemetery
Ranked #18 of 161 things to do in Memphis
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You must go see this beautiful cemetery and take the audio tour the monuments are beautiful some very very old

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We've been to several cemeteries and enjoy the art of the headstones and history. Unfortunately no one was working so we could purchase an audio tour cd. Although no one was working, I was relieved that the restrooms were still open. Very nice driving tour with interesting plots and memorials. I have never seen the horseshoe shaped barrier partially surrounding the plot. Also an area where Asians plots were congregated, a lot of lettering on the markers. Definitely would visit again, this time making sure I can purchase an audio cd. Not much too take away from the visit (my fault), except the beauty of the area.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing place. Serene and beautiful, there are some famous people buried here. From an outlaw who rode with Jesse James, to Tennessee Govenors. Victims of the 1870's yellow fever epidemic,
A charming place to visit and learn the history if an area. Take a picnic and enjoy a day here. If you are looking for an individual grave ,the records house will be very helpful.

1  Thank Tnearl
Reviewed January 12, 2013

You could picture the entrance in a horror movie. Old architecture looks like a place almost frozen in time

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Was kind of skeptical about coming here, but the reviews were really good so we gave it a shot. Unfortunately my CD player died so couldn't do the audio tour, but the lady was nice enough to give me a refund. Did the self-guided tour with just the map and although sometimes it was tough to determine which grave belonged to whom, it was a really informative tour. The paths are well marked and there is plenty of room to drive around, so it makes it really easy to stay in the car (in the comfort of A/C) and still make it around to see everything. I'll admit, it was better than I expected and I definitely learned a lot.

1  Thank Ravenito