“Lots of History”

$8.00*
Memphis Music Hall of Fame Admission Ticket
Ranked #8 of 58 Nightlife in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: As artist Billy Swan sang, "Memphis Rocks!" Located in the cotton-trading capital of the Delta, Memphis virtually invented blues, soul and rock 'n' roll. Once well-known for heavy gambling, voodoo, murder and prostitution, Memphis is just a hard-rocking place where you can get great food and hear hot tunes. Home to both Sun Records and Stax Records, this city has always been foremost in finding talent, and the rollicking live music scene is still kicking hard today. Maybe that's why Memphis is mentioned in more songs than just about any other city. So if you're out "Walking In Memphis" on the "Memphis Streets" and you get yourself a mean case of the "Walkin' Blues," just do the electric slide or "Memphis Boogie" right on into the Hard Rock Cafe Memphis and let us ease you into "Memphis Bliss." Our historic building, set on boogie street Beale, has done time as a recording studio and a saloon - the perfect combination for an electrifying menu that'll make you stomp and shout. Memphis was also Elvis's home, and the only place he ever felt he belonged. So come on down, y'all, for a taste of Southern hospitality and "Good Rockin' Tonight," 'cause you're bound to soon feel the exact same way. And while Elvis may have left the building (on a "Memphis Train?"), you can stay as long as you want. It's a "Memphis Thing."
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

All kinds of great stuff to look at on the walls! Upstairs has a lot of Elvis memorabilia. Live music the night we were there. Friendly staff, especially the gentleman that seats the customers. Apparently we picked the wrong night to go due to a menu change later that week they were out of several of the dinner meals on the menu handed to us. This would be a great place to go for drinks and appetizer!

Memphis S, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

KDVH,

I appreciate you taking the time to send us this review! I apologize for the delay! We take these reviews to heart and we share them with our team to better the experience of the guests! The menu change did cause some issues with production and I am sorry that this inconvenienced your experience with us! I'd like to invite you back! I'd like to have another opportunity to show off what our new menu is all about! Please let me know how we can make that possible!

Feel free to reach out to me directly! I look forward to hearing from you!

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Cafe

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We only stopped by to pick up some souvenirs. The gal that helped us was excellent. She went out of her way to show us the newest items and helped us find our sizes.

Deb W,

Thank you for the review! I am very proud of my retail staff and happy to hear one of our best gave you great service. We have many items that are new in our retail shop as well as a new menu that, if you haven't already, you must try! We changed our menu globally! So if Memphis isn't close enough, you can grab up a new Oreo Cheesecake or a Fiesta Burger at any of our locations!

Again, thank you for review! We look forward to serving you!

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back to Tulsa and it was right at a quiet lull before the Live Music started on Monday nite! Service and food was great plus we had a really fun older guy that worked there give us some great info on the city as we were going to spend the nite and site see (before we found out the weather was changing for the worse so we had to go) but not before seeing all the fun rock memorabilia that's all around the restaurant! Would have loved to stay to hear the band and to also check out more of Memphis... but we will def go back to the city and to Hard Rock!!

TessnTulsa,

Thank you for the rave review! That gentleman you described was likely Mr. Wayne. He has been an employee for nearly 17 years (since we opened). He has met HRC fans from around the world, and also remembers a lot of them! We just produced a pin in his likeness to thank him for all of his years of service! We are excited to hear he touched you guys and gave you an awesome experience while in our Cafe.

Hopefully you will join us at our new location up the street! We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'd visited this Café four years before and have always remember the most beautiful, tender chicken breast entrée I'd ever had but as it was lunchtime the Mushroom And Swiss Burger looked rather tempting I tried that instead. Cooked to perfection (we weren't asked how we preferred it done, although I suspect it wouldn't have been too much trouble had we specifically asked for rare or well-done) with the most amazing lightly seasoned fries (don't know what they coat them in but it seemed to be more than just salt and I'm disappointed that other locations don't do the same!). Service was just awesome, our server was sweet and made us feel like VIPs - she even, voluntarily, went to the kitchen to fetch a sample of a vegetable for us to try when none of our group could recognise it on the menu!

Location is perfect, in the heart of downtown on Beale where you're bound to be going as a visitor. The downstairs has a great selection of music memorabilia - with the stairs and the upper level devoted to (what else?) Elvis! This has to be on your list of to-dos when in Memphis...

Julien S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

KeithNN,

What an incredible compliment and 5 star review from you, thank you so much, your comments have absolutely made my day! I always love receiving reviews like yours as they’re a phenomenal opportunity to share with the staff and remind them how important each and every guest experience truly is! Can you please tell me who your server was? I’d love to call her out in front of the staff for doing an awesome job for you! I sincerely hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

Julien Salley Jr.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

No doubt the location on Beale St is convenient to all that is Memphis and the memorabilia within the café is interesting. Our children, in particular, enjoyed being able to jump up on stage for a 'gig' and photo opportunity.

Food, however, was nothing special although the desserts were quite yummy. It was disappointing that the one hot meal we ordered came after our desserts - in fact when we had just about finished the desserts. Needless to say, we didn't really want or enjoy it after consuming the desserts. Although the waitress apologised and said the kitchen was busy, you would think that the hot meal would be served first.

Julien S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

JP-6014,

I’d like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. Whether a positive or negative review, it’s important to me to receive this feedback so I can continue to work with the team here to continue improving upon our service standards, recipe perfect product and ensuring a memorable & enjoyable guest experience. I’m very sorry to hear you that you were not able to enjoy your time with us. If possible would you mind sharing with me who your server was so I can focus on his or her training & development? Please know that I will share your comments with the entire team here and we will learn from this review so that our future guests don’t leave with the same feeling. I do wish you asked for me or another manager so I could resolve this and make your visit with us a better one prior to your leaving our cafe. I hope that I’ve addressed your concerns here, if there is anything additional I can do to make up for the experience please do not hesitate to contact me and thank you very much for being our guest!

Best regards,