“Best one I've been to”

and up
Private Tour of Elvis Presley's Memphis
Ranked #8 of 59 Nightlife in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: As artist Billy Swan sang, "Memphis Rocks!" Located in the cotton-trading capital of the Delta, Memphis virtually invented blues, soul and rock 'n' roll. Once well-known for heavy gambling, voodoo, murder and prostitution, Memphis is just a hard-rocking place where you can get great food and hear hot tunes. Home to both Sun Records and Stax Records, this city has always been foremost in finding talent, and the rollicking live music scene is still kicking hard today. Maybe that's why Memphis is mentioned in more songs than just about any other city. So if you're out "Walking In Memphis" on the "Memphis Streets" and you get yourself a mean case of the "Walkin' Blues," just do the electric slide or "Memphis Boogie" right on into the Hard Rock Cafe Memphis and let us ease you into "Memphis Bliss." Our historic building, set on boogie street Beale, has done time as a recording studio and a saloon - the perfect combination for an electrifying menu that'll make you stomp and shout. Memphis was also Elvis's home, and the only place he ever felt he belonged. So come on down, y'all, for a taste of Southern hospitality and "Good Rockin' Tonight," 'cause you're bound to soon feel the exact same way. And while Elvis may have left the building (on a "Memphis Train?"), you can stay as long as you want. It's a "Memphis Thing."
Adelaide, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Best one I've been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I had had a horrible day, after being sent by the stax museum staff to walk to Beale street. Being told it would take 10 minutes, understandably it was rather terrifying!

I came here with not lofty expectations, but wow! it wasn't so much the food, although it was great but the service!!! This place has the best customer service of anywhere I have been in the united states. A special mention to the youyng lady working who seats everyone. I'm not sure of her name but she had the side of her hair shaved. She was absolutely lovely, and helped me out with where to go and how to get there after.

My waitress was great also, quick service and I never had to ask for anything. she was always a step ahead.

Absolutely loved this experience, after a month in the States this is my favourite place of anywhere I have visited!

Thank you!

Visited December 2013
Julien S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
kristyfoster,

What an incredible compliment and 5 star review from you, thank you so much, your comments have absolutely made my day! I always love receiving reviews like yours as they’re a phenomenal opportunity to share with the staff and remind them how important each and every guest experience truly is! I sincerely hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

• Turkish first
Marcy, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for dinner after we arrived in Memphis. We have been to other Hard Rock Cafe's in the past and since we had just arrived in the city we would eat here. The food (pulled pork) and drinks were excellent. The service was top notch, our waiter was very attentive despite the restaurant being packed (Justin Timberlake was at the fedex forum that day). Highly recommend.

Julien S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
TripAdvisor Reviewer,

What an incredible compliment and 5 star review from you, thank you so much, your comments have absolutely made my day! By chance do you recall who your server was? I always love receiving reviews like yours as they’re a phenomenal opportunity to share with the staff and remind them how important each and every guest experience truly is! I sincerely hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great location, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was really nice and efficient, she kept our glasses full and checked on us throughout our meal to make sure we didn't need anything. Our food came out pretty quick, the only complain I have is that the ranch dressing tasted kinda weird, it almost had like a rotten kinda taste/smell. I didn't notice it but in a few bites. Other than that our burgers were good and filling.

Julien S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Mana,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us and for your 4 star review! Can you please let me know who your server was? It’s always great to be able to catch team members doing a great job for our guests and calling them out in front of the rest of our team. Also, I was surprised to see your comment on the ranch dressing, please know that immediately as I read your review I pulled the pan from our line and reviewed it with our prep chef. The ranch dressing had all the quality identifiers present, flavor profile was excellent and by all indications is recipe perfect product. Unfortunately I don’t know the exact date of your visit but can assure you that the ranch dressing we’re serving now is delicious! I believe this was an isolated incident but definitely wanted to share with you the results of my investigating the ranch dressing for you. Once again, I really appreciate your taking the time to tell me about your visit with us. It was an honor for us to serve you and I hope that we’ll have this opportunity to show you a great time again very soon! Thank you so much for being our guest!

Best regards,

Poteau, Oklahoma
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my 11 year old daughter ate here when we were in town for the Eagles concert. I was really looking forward to eating here and I was very disappointed. The food was mediocre at best. Being in Memphis for the first time I ordered the ribs and they were not good at all. I was expecting good Memphis barbecue but did not find it at The Hard Rock. The ribs were barely warm and tough. I should have stuck with one of the busier places on Beale. The service was slow and the place was not crowded at all. I guess they are just banking on the music memorabilia.

Blakewhite23,

I see you wrote reviews on both our TripAdvisor & Savvis TripAdvisor pages so I’ll respond to both for you here. First I’d like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. Whether a positive or negative review, it’s important to me to receive this feedback so I can continue to work with the team here to continue improving upon our service standards, recipe perfect product and ensuring a memorable & enjoyable guest experience. I’m very sorry to hear you that you were not able to enjoy your time with us. During this particular event (Eagles concert this past Monday) we filled the cafe to capacity 3 times during dinner service and myself and two other managers were aggressively taking care of guests, moving menu items quickly to the table as many guests were in a hurry to have dinner and get to the forum for the concert. You mention in your review that we were not busy, I am curious as to what time you visited us as the cafe did not slow in attendance or service until well after the concert began, I myself didn’t leave the expo window until 9:30 that evening and the concert began at 7pm. We were significantly busier than what ticket sales for the Eagles concert suggested we would receive in guest count, but this is no excuse in our commitment to showing you an outstanding time with us. I do want to share with you that we do not “bank” our business on memorabilia. We operate the only entirely scratch-recipe kitchen on Beale Street which makes our job much more challenging than many nearby venues that serve their guests frozen to fried food items, the higher quality food & beverage that we serve at the Hard Rock Cafe are something we take considerable pride in. So I am very disappointed to hear that we were not able to deliver on both yours and our own expectations and make dinner for you & your daughter a truly great experience. There are many good choices for dining along and around Beale Street so when a guest chooses our location- we do not take this decision on your part lightly- please know that I will share your comments with the entire team here and we will learn from this review so that our future guests don’t leave with the same feeling. I do wish you asked for me or another manager so I could resolve this and make your visit with us a better one prior to your leaving our cafe. I hope that I’ve addressed your concerns here, if there is anything additional I can do to make up for the experience please do not hesitate to contact me and thank you very much for being our guest!

Best regards,

Memphis_gm@hardrock.com
901.529.0007
Doha, Qatar
179 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Same Cafe but different service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This particular Hard Rock stands out from the rest. The food is good, but same menu as all Hard Rocks, nothing at all wrong with that as they have a great menu.. but here in this Hard Rock it's the people.. the people who work there that make this Hard Rock a great place to go.. we have a wonderful and very charismatic waitress for our service, it was good food and good fun.. service was fast and attentive..
the girl in the rock shop stands out from them all (see inserted photo).. she is a a great and entertaining person to chat with.. I have been visiting Rock shops around the world (i'm a airline pilot) for decades.. seen many of them but this girl told me things about the rock shop, offers and about my membership that I never knew and was never told. she also served us like we were old time friends.. it was a wonderful experience that we talked about as we continued our holiday.. I would definitely come back to this Hard Rock for the people alone. Thank you to all the staff and the wonderful girl in the Rock Shop for making it fun.

Visited September 2013
Julien S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
B787skipper,

What an incredible compliment and 5 star review from you, thank you so much, your comments have absolutely made my day! I always love receiving reviews like yours as they’re a phenomenal opportunity to share with the staff and remind them how important each and every guest experience truly is! And you’re exactly right- it’s all about our people which continues to make Hard Rock Cafe a one-of-a-kind experience! I sincerely hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!