The Cotton Museum at the Memphis Cotton Exchange
Book In Advance
More Info
$10.00*
and up
Memphis Cotton Museum Admission and Audio Walking...
Ranked #45 of 161 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Don't overlook this one. Give it a try. Some interesting movies, and information about old time Memphis.

All reviews
"wealth of information"
"self guided"
"audio tour"

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I recently visited this interesting museum and I'm sure we would not have visited it if we had not read about it in TripAdvisor. The numerous videos available thoughout the museum provided a nice way of learning about the influence of cotton on the South. You should not miss this museum if you visit Memphis. It is one of the more important museums in the city.

2  Thank MoBiker
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I originally hadn't planned on visiting this museum on my trip but I was told by a Memphis local that it was worth look. They were so right!!! If you are into the history of this country or the history of BLUES this museum is a MUST. I learned so much about the cotton industry and the people that were involved in the farming and production of cotton. They have a great collection of items and some of the exhibits are hands on. The story of the cotton industry is much more interesting then most people think. I am very thankful that someone told me to pay this place a visit! I will definitely be back.

2  Thank BigMikeOaktown
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is the best tour in Memphis. Did you know how much cotton played plays a huge role in our daily lives? there is cotton in everything. even that bottle of water sittiing beside you now. this is a must see. start with the short video. then on the table with head phones sit and watch the 4 short movies. you will leave feeling you mist some awesome history that is directly in your life now. enjoy

1  Thank marktravelslots
See more reviews
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and older two sons loved this museum. The younger one not so much. I got a great deal on the tickets, so the admission a lot less. The boys loved the children's exhibit room. The hands on stuff was fun but not as truly hands-on as maybe intended. Would have loved some more for the toddler set.