“Very impressed!”
Review of Pink Palace Museum

Pink Palace Museum
Ranked #28 of 160 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pink Palace Museum is one of the largest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. You can walk through a replica of the first self-service grocery store in the country, Clarence Saunders' Piggly Wiggly. Explore the cultural and natural history of the Mid-South through exciting exhibits, dioramas, and audio-visuals. Trace Memphis' development from the time of Spanish explorers through the Civil War and the yellow fever epidemics. Learn from the award-winning medical exhibit how health care grew to be Memphis' largest industry.
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a day to spare whilst staying in Memphis, travelling from overseas, and stumbled across a flyer for the Pink Palace at our hotel. As a family of 2 adults and a 6 year old boy, there was plenty for all of us. We spent 5 hours at the museum in total, watching the 3D movie and the planetarium show, along with the entire museum. We had a great time. I agree, there was a bit of everything here, and that worked perfectly for us, keeping us all very interested and still feeling well educated by the time we left. Well done, you should be proud if this little gem Memphis.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Best part was walking through the Piggy Wiggly. Museum didn't seem to have a flow. A lot of good information just no logical connection.

1  Thank tams125
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I visited the Pink Palace Museum it was such a great experience to see all the history that they have in store for you.And there was a variety of different things you will learn from there. A lot of amazing artifacts from different eras. Good for all ages.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I didn't really like it there wasn't much in there and I thought it was very over priced for what it was. I wish I would have skipped this one

Reviewed March 16, 2014

the Imax theater is a must see the planetarium is a little outdated but the man said they were fixing to redo the whole thing and would be finished about September. the museum part has not changed much in all the year ago that I have went they have added some new stuff. enjoy it was a fun trip