“Beautiful Atmosphere”
Review of Pink Palace Museum

Pink Palace Museum
Ranked #25 of 155 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Pink Palace Museum is one of the largest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. You can walk through a replica of the first self-service grocery store in the country, Clarence Saunders' Piggly Wiggly. Explore the cultural and natural history of the Mid-South through exciting exhibits, dioramas, and audio-visuals. Trace Memphis' development from the time of Spanish explorers through the Civil War and the yellow fever epidemics. Learn from the award-winning medical exhibit how health care grew to be Memphis' largest industry.
Brooklyn, Nyc
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went here for a wedding this past weekend. This property is amazing. I was truly blow away by the mere ambiance of this location. Simply breathtaking.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank IamJavone

Memphis, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great place to visit. Use the kids as an excuse.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

OK, I'll be honest, I LOVE the Pink Palce Mumeum. They have some really great exhibits, both permanent and traveling. Luckily they also have lots of hands on exhibits for the kids. When I need to get my fix, I suggest to the kids that we go and they beat me to the car. No complaining, no whining, just them rushing me to go. Museum is clean and comfortable. Has some really interesting scientific and historic displays and information.

Visited December 2012
West Memphis, Arkansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Free membership for the summer”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We have taken our 3 daughters ages 6, 3, and 3. They had a blast evertime we went and there are plenty of exhibits plus the planetarium and IMAX( for an additional charge). But for the summer you can get on their website and get a free membership good through June and July.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Matt H
Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Free on Tuesday afternoons!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This museum is free on Tuesdays after 1:00 pm. (And not just for TN residents like other attractions in Memphis). We had a great time in the replica of the first Piggly Wiggly and my kids were fascinated with the shrunken head! I appreciated the areas highlighting the changing roles of women. Glad we spent 2 hours there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Heather T
Hot Springs, Arkansas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Loved it! Highly recommend”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Bring your family! This was an unexpected gem. My kids and I really enjoyed this museum. Definitely give it a look!

Visited March 2013