“New Orleans on Main Street in Memphis”
Review of DeJaVu

DeJaVu
Ranked #34 of 1,447 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Memphis, Tennessee
“New Orleans on Main Street in Memphis”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The wait staff was wonderful! The food was delicious! My favorite item was the sweet potato fries, but everything I ate was good.
Friends and I were there on a very cold day. Our only complaint was that the restaurant entry needed to either be a revolving door or a double door entry. The cold blast of outside air each time the door opened forced us to keep our winter coats on. However, even this did not diminish our enjoyment of the food.

Visited February 2014

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great staff, great food!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were celebrating my husband's birthday and a couple recommended Deja Vu. We had recently vacationed in New Orleans, and felt a little skeptical that a restaurant in Memphis could compare with what we had experienced there. Boy, were we wrong! Deja Vu was spot on (if not a little better) than some of the cuisine we had in NOLA. For appetizer, we had fried crawfish tails that were AWESOME. I had Big Keith's Bayou Classic with grilled cabbage and plantains.... while my husband chose the Canal St. Shrimp and Grits. Both entrees were perfectly spiced, piping hot, and delicious. When they discovered it was my husband's birthday, our FABULOUS waiter, Marchelah decided to fix us Bananas Foster right at our table. Needless to say, all the food was delicious, the atmosphere was great, the staff was friendly, and we will be returning. This has become one of my favorite restaurants in Memphis!

• Visited March 2014
“Authentic New Orleans cuisine. Double-check the address before you drive!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Make sure that you have the correct address!!! We just googled the name of the restaurant and were directed to a rough part of town several miles from the downtown location. Scary.
Once we got the right address, we found that the downtown location is fine, near the Peabody Hotel.
Casual dining. Good food. The fish was lightly breaded and well seasoned.

San Francisco, California
“Waiter Marchelah U r the Best”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I few in from California and had the best meal in Memphis. I had the catfish house special with peach cobbler. My husby had a vegan dish and vegan dessert. Thank you Marchelah for being our waiter as we blessed you with a birthday tip. Until next time :-)

• Visited March 2014
Dickson, Tennessee
“Great food and friendly service.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I went on a Saturday evening after the car show. We were immediately seated and our waiter ( Robert ) came over and took our drink orders. He brought the drinks very promptly and was super friendly. He helped us decide what we wanted and his recomendations were every bit as good as he said. The food was delicious and we enjoyed our meal here. I highly recommend The Deja Vu's downtown location and we will definately be back.

• Visited January 2014