“Seriously?!”

Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Victorian Village
“Seriously?!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place as we were told it was the best. Since we are from Texas, we take our BBQ serious. There's not a lot to say except AWFUL! The service was bad, grumpy staff with no customer service skills. The BBQ was dry and tasted like day old meat. The sides were pitiful, bland, and not fresh by any means. Truly a shame!

Visited June 2012

Memphis
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food was good but service was terrible the day we went. So disappointed. We had to ask for drink refills, napkins etc more than once. Food came out at different times.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Meh - Other Options Should Be Priority”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went here during a business trip and organized a few outings to different restaurants around Memphis. I chose this one based on the Neely's show on The Food Network. We were a little disappointed. This was the last restaurant in our "Memphis tour," and it just didn't measure up to most of the others (Rendezvous, Gus's Fried Chicken, etc.). The food wasn't *bad* - I would just suggest your prioritize CV Rendezvous or Gus's over the Neely's. I bought some sauce to take home, so it's nice they offer some of those take aways.

I will say that our server was really nice and helpful with choices, and she was kind enough to allow us to split our check multiple ways.

• Visited March 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Apple doesn't fall far from the Neely family tree- EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Any BBQ associated with the Neely family should be trusted and enoyed as often as possible. I can't get enough when I come to town!

Holly, Michigan
“Good take out”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Menfolk picked up takeout for us - delicious! I can't speak for the service or local itself, as I wasn't in the restaurant - but who cares when the food is good!

Visited January 2012