“Best ribs and catfish in Memphis!!”

Leonard's Pit Barbecue
Ranked #86 of 1,700 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

After several visits, we’ve tried a dozen different barbecue joints in Memphis and no question this one was, and is, the clear standout. The ribs, both wet and dry, beat all the others for thick intense bark and flavor. The catfish was a real surprise: super crispy and fresh. Sides were all good. The lemon icebox cake must be tried!! Go here!!!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed November 6, 2018

Had the buffet. Plenty of items to choose from. Bar b q was excellent. Sides where also good. Service was good. Desert was included in the buffet.. Price was very reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 14, 2018

If you want the best BBQ ribs that Memphis has to offer, check out Leonards! It's actually the oldest BBQ restaurant in Memphis and it still uses the original recipes!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

On Labor Day Monday (09/03/18) my two friends from Alabama who were room-mating with 'yours truly' at 'Mephit Fur Meet' brought me here to Leonard's Pit Barbecue near downtown Memphis. We arrived post-con on a Monday Buffet special ($14.95 per person). I had SO MUCH food on two plates, ranging from BBQ Pull Pork, Broiled Chicken, hot links, BBQ beans, Corn on the cob and hot wings - I couldn't finish it all!!! I was so stuffed, I didn't eat the rest of the day (no dinner) and I was amazed at the selection and quality of food. Leonard's BBQ is an institution here in Memphis - I couldn't believe the old BBQ delivery truck inside the dining room!!! Guy Fieri from "Diners, Dives and Drive-In's" had been here, and this restaurant is well known in the Mid-South. I want to thank my buddies Kyle Wolf and Tony Bear for bringing me here. With so many choices for BBQ here, you cannot go wrong with Leonard's Pit BBQ. FIVE CLAWS UP!!!!! FURRY FRIENDLY!!! Thanks for reading my review of Leonard's in Memphis, TN. (Don't forget to pin your hometown on the map in the lobby, I certainly did!) Joe G. Bear - Redondo Beach, CA

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank goriajk
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Very well done guys. Quick, courteous service and great BBQ. I got the ribs dry with side of sauce and some pulled pork. Liked the ribs better than the pulled pork. Both were great though.

Date of visit: August 2018