“Pretty decent food...”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

My family had lunch here for Fathers Day and we all got the buffet. The food is pretty average but the selections are plentiful. Our server was very good and was attentive. It was pretty crowded for lunch that day and the weather was extremely hot outside which made it warm in the restaurant. With all the people in there along with the steam tables I am sure it had the A/C working overtime. When it is warm like that eating “heavy” food is not a good mix. I will say for what you pay for the buffet you get a good selection of food to pick from. My only suggestion to the owner is to update the decor and renovate the inside. Extremely outdated and borders on looking dirty. The carpet really needs replacing but may present itself as a good chance to use the concrete floors instead of nasty carpet. A good rehab of the place is desperately needed. Overall if you are looking for a place to get your eat on, give Leonard’s a shot.

Reviewed June 16, 2018

I saw this place on a Food Network show and thought it would be neat to stop while in town on vacation. I was not disappointed. The BBQ pork was good. Didn't have much on the menu for the vegetarian in our group - I know it is a BBQ restaurant but it is nice when places have more than just a salad to offer. Over all I am glad we stopped.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Good BBQ though felt weird to have a waiter. Also, I ordered off the menu but felt like the thing to do was get the buffet. People were loading their plates high and it looked pretty tasty.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

Sauce was very good and we got takeout but brisket and pork were full of fat...We literally threw half of it away since it was fat....Sides were very good collard greens and potatoes.. Daughter got good mac and cheese but threw her meat away( fat)

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Their slogan is First In Memphis-Style Barbecue Since 1922. Leonard's is open for lunch only seven days a week - 11 AM until 2:30 PM Monday through Friday and until 4:00 PM Saturday and Sunday. They are a no-frills, barbecue spot featuring slow-cooked pork & ribs, plus lunch buffets. I think that they offer what their clientele wants - good and plentiful food at a reasonable price. They offer take-out, catering as well as dine-in options. For BBQ, they have ribs (dry & wet), pork shoulder, brisket and chicken. They also offer country fried steak, hot wings, fried catfish, spaghetti, ravioli, sandwiches, salads (Deep South, Potato, slaw, side), potatoes (wedges, mashed, fries), beans, okra, other veggies and a nice selection of desserts (pies, cakes and puddings). We tried their buffet, which includes all the above and more. If you leave hungry, it is your own fault. When we were present on a Tuesday, they were quite busy. Everyone was ordering the buffet. However, Leonard's had no issue keeping the line well stocked with fresh offerings as the dishes were consumed. The service was Southern hospitality - very pleasant and friendly. We found the service very good and the food satisfying. No issues in giving Leonard's a return try when again in the area.

Date of visit: March 2018