“Great Valentine's Experience”

Terrace At The River Inn
Ranked #18 of 1,481 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Terrace is the perfect location for dinner with handcrafted cocktails, uninterrupted river views, and unmatched atmosphere.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've been to the Terrace for drinks and small plates and it's one of my favorite places in Memphis. All of the staff are so nice, and Marcel makes sure that everyone is happy. Since they haven't been opened long, this was the first Valentine's Day Dinner. Although small plates are their specialty, they presented a delicious dinner with enough choices and variety to please everyone. They did not take reservations, which I liked. Marcel said that this was an "experiment" to see if the dinner in that setting was successful. I don't know why he ever doubted it would be! The view is wonderful and the place was made very romantic. There was even a marriage proposal while we were there - it seemed to be a complete surprise to the lady, and I was told that the gentleman had arranged everything before with the cooperation of the staff - so romantic! I know they will make it reservations only next year, since it seemed to be such a success.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I highly recommend Terrace at the River Inn. The food is always excellent and the bartender Melissa is wonderful. Whether you are just visiting or a resident of Memphis you will be treated by a breathtaking view of the Mississippi River and warmth of southern hospitality. We love the Terrace and are sure you will too. Thank you to all the staff who work so hard to make this place great!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went here on the strength of the Tripadvisor reviews. The restaurant is a small room on top of the Harbor Inn (there is no harbor). It doesn't open until 4 pm. The menu is one sided and includes snacks, starters, and smalll plates. The plates are small. This place is more like tapas. If you're hungry plan to order a few plates and share them. We enjoyed the beff brionne and lamb chops. Nice view but I'm happier with the food at Central BBQ or Hueys.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

After looking for a place to have a Celebration of Life for my ex husband, this was our choice. Everyone was so kind and helpful working with us in the preparation. The view overlooking the river was a beautiful memory of him as he grew up on the Miss. River in Louisiana. He loved to eat and drink. We had so many wonderful choices of food and beverages. The food was fabulous and there was nothing left. Marcell and Joe did a fantastic job keeping everyone happy. Even though it was a sad time for us, it was the perfect place for a Celebration of his life. Our guest had never been here and they said they would definitely be back with friends and family.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Came up to the terrace and had the best time ever. Me and my Friends came to see the sunset and ended up closing the bar. Marcell served us and he was awsome. The food and drinks are amazing and the music was wonderful too. I will definitely tell everyone about my new love.