“Great start to our day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eighty3

Eighty3
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighty3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,436 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Memphis Trolley line - Main St and Madison
Description: At eighty3, we have a real passion for extraordinary taste, and good times. The vision, inspired by Chef Raymond Jackson, is about locally inspired cuisine with southern sensibilities and designed for sharing or traditional dining. Eighty3 is the place to meet, to toast, to create life experiences, and share imaginative plates. Passion food. Share amongst yourselves.
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great start to our day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed at the Madison for 4 days and each morning we were greeted by the very friendly staff of Eighty3 and had Marci as our awesome server (very friendly and caring). Meals were great and if there was any issue she took care of it immediately. Loved the little jars of jam with our toast and coffee was amazing!

Zee S, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello Carolyn S!

Thank you for your kind words and I know that our staff will be delighted to hear that they made your day! This is what we always strive for and we hope that we will see you again in the near future!

Germantown, Tennessee
“Great Gumbo and Kobe Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we at the seafood gumbo with andouille sausage - it had just the right amount of spiciness - you will want a bowl and not just a cup - DELICIOUS and we have had gumbo down in New Orleans and feel this would stand up to any of them. Now for the Kobe burger - DELICIOUS as well - juicy and great flavor and served on a great bun. The waiters and waitresses are great too - all are very attentive but Marci went out of her way to take care of us which we appreciated! It is a great casual restaurant in downtown Memphis - don't miss it.

• Visited March 2014
Zee S, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello GTwnCouple!

Thank you for dining with us at Eighty3! We really appreciate your great feedback on our award winning gumbo and mouthwatering kobe burgers! Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. As a New Orleanian, I can definately say that our gumbo brings me closer to home! We hope to see you again soon!
Columbia, Missouri
“Marci is the BEST bartender!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

David - Marci is the best bartender we've ever had. Our team was here for the Bellator 120 fights and the drinks and service were unbelievable. We will come back for Marci and her bar-tending skills. Thanks!!!

William H, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments jmcbnd and we also thank you for participating in such a memorable week for all of us at Eighty3 during the Bellator fights. It was our pleasure to serve you and we definately look forward to your return! I will pass on your wonderful comments to Marci, as I am sure she will be excited to hear them. Thanks again!
London, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I am not one to complain in fact this is the first time I have written a review so here goes... I booked this restaurant for a special surprise, a joint 40th Birthday celebration with my best friend during our two nights in Memphis, this was to be our most expensive meal during our trip. When making the reservation I enclosed this information simply asking for a candle or two in our dessert. During the meal I spoke with our waiter Neil to confirm this request.

The service was very slow, we were left with paper menus and not offered to order a drink, eventually after a good 20 minutes we ordered a bottle of wine not our first choice as they did not have the preferred Prosecco. The service continued to be slow considering the restaurant was not full. Overall The food was quite tasty but nothing exceptional. I ordered desserts thinking a Birthday candle or something would arrive and....Nothing! I was so disappointed! After dessert another young waiter from Orlando said "Can I get you anything else?"In which I quietly said about our Birthday's, he was sorry that he had not been informed, he apologised, (unlike his colleague) and we received complimentary dessert, not quite the same! After settling the bill Neil had cheek to say "Happy Birthday ladies"

I am well travelled and have dined in some of the worlds top Hotels and restaurants. I have not received such bad service for what is a meant to be a 5 star Hotel. The staff here need extra training! I would not book this restaurant if you want to risk being disappointed.

Zee S, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your birthday experience. This is not the type of service that we train and mentor our staff to provide. We are pleased that you have taken the time to inform us of the issues that need more attention and will definitely talk with our employees and about attention to detail and guest attentiveness going forward. Thank you again
Lanham, Maryland
“Great Variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at the Madison Hotel in downtown Memphis. Normally, we don't dine in hotel restaurants but the menu looked interesting. Much to our pleasant surprise, we found dinner at Eighty3 to be very good, with lots of dishes to choose from the menu. We also had breakfast 3-days in a row, which was equally as good (the "asparagus scramble" was delicious), Prices are more than reasonable. The staff is excellent along with impeccable customer service, which is indeed a rarity today (kudos & much thanks to Marci). I would definitely dine there on a return trip to Memphis.

• Visited April 2014
William H, Manager at Eighty3, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your great comments GaleT. One of our goals at Eighty3 is to provide an exciting and diverse menu for all sorts of tastes, so we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our menu selections. We also take great pride in our service and guest satisfaction. Marci will be thrilled to hear that she received high praise for her dedication. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your return trip to Memphis!

Been to Eighty3? Share your experiences!